Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A post exclusively for goatsNdonkey
Lens: HD-DA 16-85mm Camera: Pentax K30 Photo Location: Albania 
Posted By: Janse, 07-01-2016, 03:21 AM

Butrint, on Unesco World Heritage List.

Last edited by Janse; 07-01-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Views: 711
07-02-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi, where are you goatsNdonkey?
07-03-2016, 05:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I am looking forward to a comment goatsNdonkey.
I don't mind if anybody else are commenting while goatsNdonkey is away. :-)
07-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Wow! I feel so honored! (Sorry that I didn't see the thread title before now.)

Janse, the stonework is very fascinating, both in the mix of sizes of stones in the walls and in the designs and patterns made my the mix of the brownish stones with the grayish ones. The arches furthermore make interesting motifs in the pictures, as do the reflections. Then there are the contrasting aspects of the vegetative and architectural lines, creating a kind of tension.

I don't think I have heard of Butrint before, and so I looked at the Wikipedia article to start with. I looks like one of those nodes on the globe where the historical, cultural, and environmental connections, intertactions, roots go especially deep in many senses of the word.

For some reason (probably my bad internet connection), I can seem to get the second image to load properly, so I might be missing something you wanted me to see in it.

I am wondering it your directing these images to me in particular (and I am very glad to see them) has to do with something we were talking about in another discussion thread. If so, I'd be grateful if you could refresh my memory about that thread (possibly posting a link to it). I hope you can forgive me, but my powers of memory are not as good as they used to be.

I hope others are looking at these pictures, too, and feeling like they can also examine them and comment on them. The pictures would certainly appeal to others interested in historical landscapes as material, as well as for other reasons.

07-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Wow! I feel so honored! (Sorry that I didn't see the thread title before now.)

Janse, the stonework is very fascinating, both in the mix of sizes of stones in the walls and in the designs and patterns made my the mix of the brownish stones with the grayish ones. The arches furthermore make interesting motifs in the pictures, as do the reflections. Then there are the contrasting aspects of the vegetative and architectural lines, creating a kind of tension.

I don't think I have heard of Butrint before, and so I looked at the Wikipedia article to start with. I looks like one of those nodes on the globe where the historical, cultural, and environmental connections, intertactions, roots go especially deep in many senses of the word.

For some reason (probably my bad internet connection), I can seem to get the second image to load properly, so I might be missing something you wanted me to see in it.

I am wondering it your directing these images to me in particular (and I am very glad to see them) has to do with something we were talking about in another discussion thread. If so, I'd be grateful if you could refresh my memory about that thread (possibly posting a link to it). I hope you can forgive me, but my powers of memory are not as good as they used to be.

I hope others are looking at these pictures, too, and feeling like they can also examine them and comment on them. The pictures would certainly appeal to others interested in historical landscapes as material, as well as for other reasons.
I am very glad you found the pictures interesting goatsNdonkey. You had some questions for me in connection with a tread of mine called: Tourists in Ruins. Therefore I made a post especially for you with some more photos from Butrint.

07-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Janse, oh, yes, I found it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/324527-travel-tourists-ruins.html
It was the post with the woman in the bright blue on the other side of one of the arches.

These other pictures together give a much fuller sense of the place. Do you travel there often?

Where I live stone ruins are uncommon, but there are mounds built by ancient Native Americans. Often they are very difficult to see if vegetation has grown over them or if they are eroded or otherwise damaged.
07-04-2016, 05:25 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
Janse, oh, yes, I found it:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/324527-travel-tourists-ruins.html
It was the post with the woman in the bright blue on the other side of one of the arches.

These other pictures together give a much fuller sense of the place. Do you travel there often?

Where I live stone ruins are uncommon, but there are mounds built by ancient Native Americans. Often they are very difficult to see if vegetation has grown over them or if they are eroded or otherwise damaged.
I have been in Albania only once, in June this summer. I like to visit new places every time I travel. In October I am going to Spain and may be visit Gibraltar.