Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Frilly Pink...........
Lens: Sigma 105mm Macro Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Perth WA 
Posted By: eaglem, 07-01-2016, 09:56 PM

almost Salmon Pink.



Last edited by eaglem; 07-01-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Views: 327
07-02-2016, 12:59 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
Like a womans petticoat... don't ask me how I know such things.

Are you happy with your K1, now that you've got it in operation on the Roses?
07-02-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,665
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Like a womans petticoat... don't ask me how I know such things.

Are you happy with your K1, now that you've got it in operation on the Roses?
Not quite but I took some today which I feel turned out much better, I think the diopter was out a bit which is why shots weren't coming out as sharp as they usually did on the K-3.
07-02-2016, 01:30 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38,976
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I think the diopter was out a bit which is why shots weren't coming out as sharp as they usually did on the K-3.
I know the that feeling... us manual focus boys.

What I did to fine tune this... was to turn on the just the grid lines in the viewfinder, nothing else... none of that levels thingy and focus spots malarky, point the camera and fill the viewfinder with a nice plain bright background, sky works well for this, then adjust the diopter to get these lines as sharp as possible, then turn them off again for normal shooting.

This modus operandi seems to work well enough for me, let me know it it helps or makes a difference, as maybe I'm not doing it the best way.


Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-02-2016 at 01:46 AM.
07-02-2016, 01:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,665
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I know the that feeling... us manual focus boys.

What I did to fine tune this... was to turn on the just the grid lines in the viewfinder, nothing else... none of that levels thingy and focus spots malarky, point the camera and fill the viewfinder with a nice plain bright background, sky works well for this, then adjust the diopter to get these lines as sharp as possible, then turn them off again for normal shooting.

This modus operandi seems to work well enough for me, let me know it it helps or makes a difference, as maybe I'm not doing it the best way.
I'll check that out.
07-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,008
Another beauty! Nice colors.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,665
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another beauty! Nice colors.
Thank you.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Emerging Pink................ eaglem Post Your Photos! 10 03-17-2016 07:52 PM
Nature Flushed Pink............ eaglem Post Your Photos! 9 11-22-2015 03:33 AM
Pink hue cruma50 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 06-28-2015 07:05 AM
pink Regine Monthly Photo Contests 23 12-15-2014 07:50 AM
Streets Pink Pegasus Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 6 08-23-2014 12:21 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top