Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Can't stop smilling ...
Lens: Sigma 1.4/30 Camera: K3 
Posted By: volley, 07-05-2016, 07:50 AM

I just brought this new toy home! What a wonderful ride.

I have been driving a Honda VFR 750 cc Interceptor for the last 11 years. But now, at 59 years, I wanted something more comfortable (the knee angle on the VFR was no longer fun). If I should drive this one as long as the old one, this is probably the last bike I will ever buy ...

This VFR 1200 Crosstourer is just about 2 years old, looks like new and the previous owner added some great "goddies": a comfortanle "Bagster" seat and a fully adjustable "Wilbers" suspension!

This thing has all the power you need ... and then some you will probably never need:
Quite heavy, but as soon as it start moving you forget the 280 kg.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 1,342
07-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now that looks slick, buddy - congrats on your cool new machine!!

Have fun and take care.

Jer

07-05-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Beautiful motorcycle you have there. I like the crash bars, the pannier cases and the overall look of your new bike, very much.

Has the engine also got some goodies ....ie; powered by BrickMeyer ?

I've got a couple of bikes myself...a '78 Yamaha SR 500 (big single) and a '67 Matchless 750cc G 15 CS Scrambler. My son has a YZF Yamaha sports bike, which is really something to ride.
07-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Pretty cool and comes with space for all your Pentax gear too.

07-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would have been smiling as well Norbert, in my day a Zuendapp 250 would have been the cat's meou.
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
looks like a very nice performance cruiser indeed
07-05-2016, 03:25 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's some nice ride there Norbert.................

07-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice indeed.

I thought of selling my V-Strom and XJR1300 to go to a bike like that. In the end I just sold the Strom.
07-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
...in my day a Zuendapp 250 would have been...
Heinrich
No kidding, how did you get hold of a Zündapp ? (I didn't think anybody here would know the name Zündapp)

My very good friend in Paris has an old Zündapp Combinette Moped collector's item ( I think 1956 model) in better than new condition. I think he is polishing it every day, certainly after every time he is riding it which he frequently does. Next time I am in Paris I must take a photo of it if I remember to do it.

(Here is what it looks like, not his.)

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:12 AM.
07-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Now that looks slick, buddy - congrats on your cool new machine!!

Have fun and take care.

Jer

https://youtu.be/rMbATaj7Il8
My friend, I will have fun, no doubt about this! You know, I just can't afford a 911!

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Beautiful motorcycle you have there. I like the crash bars, the pannier cases and the overall look of your new bike, very much.

Has the engine also got some goodies ....ie; powered by BrickMeyer ?

I've got a couple of bikes myself...a '78 Yamaha SR 500 (big single) and a '67 Matchless 750cc G 15 CS Scrambler. My son has a YZF Yamaha sports bike, which is really something to ride.
Thanks for your comment! Nothing done with the engine. But there is not much you can improve with the wonderful V4 anyway!
... I would love to hear the sound of your Matchless!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Pretty cool and comes with space for all your Pentax gear too.
And I plan to use the space. In October I will be shooting landscape in Sicily for one week. I thought I might cross the Alps, take the ferry from Genua to Sicily and have some fun on the mountain roads.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
I would have been smiling as well Norbert, in my day a Zuendapp 250 would have been the cat's meou.
Thank you Heinrich, appreciate your comment. Actually, a guy living in our village is still driving the 250 Zuendapp!

QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
looks like a very nice performance cruiser indeed
Thank you Erikka.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That's some nice ride there Norbert.................
... I am not going to disagree, EM!

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Very nice indeed.

I thought of selling my V-Strom and XJR1300 to go to a bike like that. In the end I just sold the Strom.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I was also thinking about a V-Strom but I preferred the convenience of a shaft drive ... and the price was right.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Heinrich
No kidding, how did you get hold of a Zündapp ? (I didn't think anybody here would know the name Zündapp)

My very good friend in Paris has an old Zündapp Combinette Moped collector's item ( I think 1956 model) in better than new condition. I think he is polishing it every day, certainly after every time he is riding it which he frequently does. Next time I am in Paris I must take a photo of it if I remember to do it.

(Here is what it looks like, not his.)
That's funny, nearly 45 years ago I was fighting with my mother to allow me to buy a Zündapp just like that (with my money, I had been working hard during summer vacation). Well, I lost that fight but today (she is 89 years old now) she loves it when I visit her riding my bike!

Last edited by volley; 07-06-2016 at 01:41 AM.
07-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I was also thinking about a V-Strom but I preferred the convenience of a shaft drive ... and the price was right.
Exactly. I'd previously had a Suzuki GS850G shaft drive. I had been considering a Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 but that Honda is NICE!
07-06-2016, 02:49 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Exactly. I'd previously had a Suzuki GS850G shaft drive
Cardan Shaft ?
07-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I don't believe they used a Cardan Joint. I never had reason to pull the drive apart on the Suzy. The Land Rover Discovery 2 uses a Cardan Joint on the front propeller shaft.

Edit: I just did a Google search and the Suzy used a conventional single UJ, not a Cardan Joint.
07-06-2016, 05:55 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Exactly. I'd previously had a Suzuki GS850G shaft drive. I had been considering a Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 but that Honda is NICE!
Well, the Super Tenere 1200 is definately the better choice if you are riding off road. But I almost never do that ... and I am so used to V4 engine
07-06-2016, 06:04 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I don't do any off road any more (I'm 68) so a road bike is OK for me - but I'd like to try a real dirt bike again (If I could get my leg over it! ). Your Honda really is sweet, though. I'd love a Yamaha FJR1300 but I can't justify it. My XJR1300 is a road bike - the blue bike below - I inherited from my late son. The bike in front was my wife's Honda CB400 and the V-Strom is at the back.