All quiet at the station

Views: 815
07-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't say no to trains- great series!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #3
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Can't say no to trains- great series!
Thanks Adam. I've been wanting to shoot the train entering the station for some time, but often hard to do when the station is busy and/or I have my family in tow. Sunday morning worked well because it was so quiet (and I finally had some sunshine). The one downside is that the bride over the station is a busy roadway, but because of the height of the wall, all you can see are the buses that go by. I'd have loved to have captured both trains and a bus at the same time, but on a Sunday morning they were fairly infrequent.
07-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
A bride on a bus, there's an image to capture...

Seriously, interesting shots, I really like the B&W covered walkway shot.

07-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The third one is a good shot. And trains, I like trains.
07-12-2016, 07:28 PM   #6
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Seriously, interesting shots, I really like the B&W covered walkway shot.
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
The third one is a good shot. And trains, I like trains.
Thanks Kerrowdown and AussieTrev. In many ways, Kerrowdown, it is the opposite of what you often shoot. I'm reluctant to shoot when people know I'm taking a shot or might think I am. Shooting the walkway was a last minute decision before I left the station, and the other shots with people in them don't work as well because I tried to rush the process.

---------- Post added 07-12-16 at 10:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
A bride on a bus, there's an image to capture...
Actually my wife and I did take the bus the morning after the wedding, and probably the same route that crosses over this bridge...