Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Neat Sunset Photo's
Posted By: Fl_Gulfer, 07-20-2008, 10:41 AM

These were taken at Panama City Beach with my K20D and DA-40 2.8 limited. I know there nothing special to you photographers but i'm not a photographer, just a jerk with too much money trying to take some good pictures. I can tell I'm not to good by the lack of comments I get. But that's OK I'm still trying to learn. My daddy told me that If you don't learn something new every day you may as well shoot yourself or buy a hat and use your head for something.

When we used to come down here 10 years ago in the winter to fish for a few days you didn't see but a couple of high rise buildings along the beach. Now Look!

This shot I used the Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4

Views: 1,746
07-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #2

I like the last one with the reflection off the water and the right side of the photo having the buildings fading into sunset.
07-21-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I like them all, I wonder if a fill flash might have brought out more detail in the darker areas. Just a thought, I'm no pro either. Keep on having fun!

I envy you living on the gulf coast of Florida. I spent a week there near Clearwater once..gorgeous area.
07-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A nice series - I would not take the lack of comments as an indication you are not a good photographer - the forum is growing , threads get pushed down sooooo quick. Some pictures strike people some don't. And finally I would quess the vast majority of memebers here fit into your photography class as opposed to being professionals - I know I certainly do

07-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice sunsets and ditto to what Dave just said. I work nights and lots of overtime this time of year and many days just have a very short time to browse through the photos and when times up I have to go. I try to make a note to go back tomorrow but tomorrow there will be dozens more great pictures posted. I still have a 2 gig card of my own pics to download and PP from last weeks vacation/camping trip. I grew up in Fla. and miss those spectacular sunsets.
07-21-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Guys
Jack
07-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Very peaceful feeling in this series Jack. I like all three.

07-22-2008, 05:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I agree with Daacon and would have said pretty much the same thing. Hey, I don't know you but I don't think your a jerk but if you do have to much money I can help you spend it. I like the shots and prefer #3 but may straighten a smidge (technical term)