Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Close encoutners of the Bison kind.
Posted By: gaweidert, 07-22-2016, 05:57 PM

I was in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone National Park today and this brute came lumbering by. Stopped at the passenger window of my vehicle and started snorting. Seemed to be saying "Go ahead. Make my day!" This is not cropped and he was literally 12" (30cm) from my son. My other son snapped this with his iPhone.

I was able to start the car and slowly drive away without any incident but i was hoping for a dent or two as a mark of honor. One of my son's said he wanted to be in the middle of a herd of bison and I guess he got his wish. The boys are also starting to get a bit frisky in anticipation of the upcoming rut. Saw a few sparring a bit. His left side eye is on the lower left. That thing has quite a range of motion as I learned that they can project their eye a bit to look you over.

Attached Images

Views: 498
07-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved to appropriate forum. As the Sticky says:

QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the PentaxForums.com General Talk section! Feel free to discuss any non-photographic and non-political topics in here