Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Good Morning Mr. Sunshine.
Lens: Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 Lens Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Backyard ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 07-31-2016, 08:48 PM

Another test shot with my mostly unused, used Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 lens. For some reason the EXIF Data does not reveal the actual f/stop setting used. My best guess given the slower shutter speed would be f/8 or between f/8 & f/11. Shot at 55mm and settings for camera and lens were manual. I know the subject is dead center however I mostly dialed in for sharpness and exposure. Thanks for viewing.

Rgds,

Antonio
Views: 772
08-01-2016, 02:55 AM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote

Another test shot with my mostly unused, used Pentax-A 50mm f1.7 lens. For some reason the EXIF Data does not reveal the actual f/stop setting used. My best guess given the slower shutter speed would be f/8 or between f/8 & f/11. Shot at 55mm and settings for camera and lens were manual. I know the subject is dead center however I mostly dialed in for sharpness and exposure. Thanks for viewing.

Rgds,

Antonio
Nothing wrong with the sharpness of that lens Antonio.
08-01-2016, 03:29 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Simple icon means a lot. Like this:
Attached Images

08-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a nice shot Antonio. Personally I don't think it's necessary to follow the rule of thirds on absolutely every shot. Glad to see you breaking out the A-50 1.7. I've come to appreciate mine very much. How did you decide which one to use? Have you ever compared your two copies?

08-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
It's a nice shot Antonio. Personally I don't think it's necessary to follow the rule of thirds on absolutely every shot. Glad to see you breaking out the A-50 1.7. I've come to appreciate mine very much. How did you decide which one to use? Have you ever compared your two copies?
Actually, I just reached into my inactive toy box and removed the first one I could get. Even the serial numbers are so close I imagine they were manufactured on the same day. From now on though, they will both be in my active toy box. Thank you for your comment.

Rgds,

Antonio