Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
This years brood
Lens: DA*200 with HD DA 1.4 TC Camera: K-3 Photo Location: My back yard ISO: 800 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: normhead, 08-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Notes

K-3 with HD DA 1.4TC and DA*200 ƒ2.8
280mm, hand held
800 ISO, ƒ5.6, AV mode 1/200s to 1/1200s

For weeks there were no chickadees or nuthatches , then all the sudden six new little ones and two new nuthatches. Skinny and scruffy looking, but definitely making a go of it.

The keeper

Views: 596
08-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They look wet!
I've noticed an uptick of nuthatches at the feeder, I presume they're starting to stash nuts and seeds for the winter. The sunflowers are bearing seeds now, so it makes sense. We'll see young goldfinches soon too.
08-08-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I think that many birds look scruffy in the Summer.They put on their best in the Spring.--charliezap
08-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
They look wet!
I've noticed an uptick of nuthatches at the feeder, I presume they're starting to stash nuts and seeds for the winter. The sunflowers are bearing seeds now, so it makes sense. We'll see young goldfinches soon too.
We are still waiting for the little Goldfinches.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I think that many birds look scruffy in the Summer.They put on their best in the Spring.--charliezap
These guys all come to the feeder at the same time and then stay there. Completely different behaviour from the adult birds.