Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Hannah
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited Camera: Pentax K-3 II Photo Location: Lund, Sweden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F2.5 
Posted By: DonThomaso, 08-10-2016, 02:31 AM

Finally I got to take some pictures with my friend Hannah, she has never stood in front of the camera before, but it turned out great and we had a good time

Pentax K-3 II, SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, 1/640 sec at f/2.5, ISO 100

Pentax K-3 II, SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F1.9 Limited, 1/1000 sec at f/2.5, ISO 100

Pentax K-3 II, SMC Pentax-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, 1/1000 sec at f/2.2, ISO 100

More images with Andrea can be seen on my flickr
Views: 1,548
08-10-2016, 03:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The camera loves her.
08-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, very easy to work with and hope for more sessions

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The camera loves her.
08-10-2016, 03:54 PM   #4

Maybe it is just me but i like the photos with the glasses the best. Can't say why but maybe it is just the lighting? Either way very nice.

08-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those will be lovely memories.
08-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bschriver11 Quote
Maybe it is just me but i like the photos with the glasses the best. Can't say why but maybe it is just the lighting? Either way very nice.
I have to agree because the photograph with her wearing her glasses has the full front view of her face and a wider smile. Certainly a very lovely young lady.

Many thanks.

Antonio
08-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I agree that I like the first one with glasses best. Best smile, more open eyes and perfect amount of wind in hair =) Even if it was not full sunshine, it was very bright so it gets straining on the eyes after a while and sometimes that shows.

Happy for all the positive comments =)
08-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice shots. She is a looker.--charliezap

08-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bschriver11 Quote
Maybe it is just me but i like the photos with the glasses the best.
I think it's for two reasons, one is she seems the most natural, as opposed to posing and waiting for a picture, and her smile is the most relaxed as well. Second reason is because the glasses frame her eyes well, but subtly, so you notice the eyes, which is always a good thing in a portrait. The green top is a very good color for her.

You do have very good fortune in your choice of models.
08-17-2016, 09:43 PM   #10
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I had the same reaction about the shots with the glasses, and all the other previous comments are true. But I wonder if the biggest difference is the use of the FA43 on the middle shot and the FA77 on the other two - and it is mainly a case of the effect of focal length on distorting or flattening foreground to background features? Just compare the first two shots where she is wearing the same dress and look at how much the facial features seem to change.
08-18-2016, 08:25 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I had the same reaction about the shots with the glasses, and all the other previous comments are true. But I wonder if the biggest difference is the use of the FA43 on the middle shot and the FA77 on the other two - and it is mainly a case of the effect of focal length on distorting or flattening foreground to background features? Just compare the first two shots where she is wearing the same dress and look at how much the facial features seem to change.
I would agree that the lens/focal length plays a role, but I would say that it is secondary to the light and expression of the model. Even though it was overcast it was a bright day, and the shot with the FA43 was one of our last, and it might be a bit more straining to the eyes, and loss of concentration. I feel that the FA43 works very well for close up portraits otherwise, it gives a lot of 3D pop, and while on the short side for a headshot I still think it works on APS-C. Don't know how it will work on FF