Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
TUTORIAL: Posting photos from Flickr/PBase
Posted By: foxglove, 02-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Flickr:

Hello,

a user asked me if could give him a guide for posting images from flickr and i decided to create this tutorial instead, so that it can remain as a future reference for anyone interessted.

Let's begin.. I'll assume that you already have the image uploaded to your flickr account

.. oh, the used browser was Firefox, if you are using IE the menus may differ a little.

1) Go to the "Post your photos!" Section

2) Click the Button "New Thread"

3) Go to you flickr account and go to the page of the image you wish to post here on the forum, then click on the "All Sizes" button

4) Click on the "Medium" link

5) Right-Click on the medium size image, and click "Copy Image Location"

6) Now let's get back to the "Post New Thread" on PentaxForums,

Left-Click on the "Insert Image" Button

and the folowing popup will appear:

now Paste the image location which you previously Copyed,
you can Right-Click and Paste, or just use CTRL+V

At this point if you press the submit button, the medium sized image will be displayed on the post, i use the medium sized image to use as thumbnails, next i'll show you how to create a link, so that when someone click the medium image will be forwarded to the large size one.

If you do not wich to create thumbnails, on step 4) go directly to the large size image instead of the medium size, and your done.

Creating a link from the medium size image on PentaxForums to the Large Size on flickr:

7) Repeat step 4) and 5) but instead of going to the medium size, go to the large size image.

8) On the "Post new Thread" page, select all the image location, including the [IMG] tags, and the press the "Insert Link" button.

9) A popup will appear, Paste the URL of the large size image (which you already copied on step 7) using CTRL+V and then click OK.

If everything went OK, you should have the medium size image displayed on the post, and if you click the image you will be forwarded to the large size image.

Just repeat this steps to every image you want to post.

I Hope this helps someone, any doubt just drop me a PM or post here.

-by Barbosas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PBase:

Many using pbase have run into problems posting here, with images showing up sporadically, or not at all. The solution is very simple: make sure the url you use has nothing between "www" and "pbase", other than the necessary dot, of course. I don't know how it works in other browsers or operating systems, but I right-click on the image and select "Copy Link Location" (Firefox, Windows XP). All you have to do is make sure the image url ends with the image extension...Easy, huh?

example:
http://www.idontknowifpbaseislikethis.com/image.jpg

-by foxglove
Views: 62,641
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM   #16
Forum Member

well, i tried putting the following in a post and it didn't work -- or at least in the preview it added stuff in front and at the end said 'not found'.

gallery not found

what am i doing wrong? thanks.

kasey

02-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kasey Quote
well, i tried putting the following in a post and it didn't work -- or at least in the preview it added stuff in front and at the end said 'not found'.

gallery not found

what am i doing wrong? thanks.

kasey
Don't know where you got this URL from but it obviously doesn't work. Your link points to:
www_dot_pbase_dot_com/o6/29/730329/1/93429272.pZ78Yuu3.phorchid1.jpg

Instead, you want a URL that has the format:
www_dot_pbase_dot_com/your_pbase_username/image/12345654321.jpg as illustrated in my reply to slomojo April 30 '07.

Hope that helps.

-Mark
02-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
Forum Member

ok, what i'm giving then is the page and not right clicking on the pic for info.

www.pbase.com/kclanin/image/93429272.jpg
see if this works

kasey
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kasey Quote
ok, what i'm giving then is the page and not right clicking on the pic for info.

www.pbase.com/kclanin/image/93429272.jpg
see if this works

kasey
You're getting there! You've got url tags around the url, so it shows it as the underlined, clickable url. You need img tags to show the image - either type in "[IMG]" before the url and "[/IMG]" after, or click the icon that looks like a mountain range and paste your url into the window - it adds the tags automatically. I hope that isn't too confusing!

Julie

08-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #20

Test run

Thanks so much! I was rapidly using up space in the forum, plus it's nice to get other comments. It's how I learn. Thanks so much for taking the time to post these step by step instructions!
08-07-2008, 08:27 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Instead of all that, this link will automagically convert the HTML from the Share This | Embed It on the Flickr page to BBCode format.

OILU - Openforum Image Link Utility
09-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #22
axl
Veteran Member

I can't do it, step 5 doesn't work for me, I don't have the option of copy location

09-29-2008, 05:17 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Under the picture in flickr you should see the links that you can cut and paste instead of the right click as shown above
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #24
Veteran Member

But does anyone know if you have your flickr account set for "friends and family only" as in not public, will it still allow the posting?
*answers his own question with this test although his results had arrived by somewhat different means using flickr*
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I am experiencing the same difficulty as Axl. I dont have the option "Copy to Location."
I have tried Pat's hint of Cut and Paste URL details under the Flickr picture, and does transfer but in the thread I get the URL in text. To see picture then have to click on the text to open picture in the Forums thread.

To copy picture from Flickr to Forums, I have found I only succeed if if I manually type in the URL details into the "insert image" each time.
This is VERY time consuming. Where am I going wrong???
(Incidentally, I think I may have been the original enquirer to Bonovox)
09-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Bruce if you use the URL under the All Size (example here is meduim).

Under the picture you should see :

To link to this photo on other websites you can either:

1. Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage:
<ugly url leave this don't use it >

2 Grab the photo's URL: and thens past that url as a image (this is the one you want)

then click on the insert image (or wide image) it should work as below ....

Edit : but I have a pro account if you using the free account options may vary ....
09-29-2008, 11:35 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave, will follow on with your instructions.
Cheers, mate!
09-29-2008, 11:46 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Tried it with this one!

Ah! got it this time, thanks a lot Dave.
09-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I am experiencing the same difficulty as Axl. I dont have the option "Copy to Location."
I have tried Pat's hint of Cut and Paste URL details under the Flickr picture, and does transfer but in the thread I get the URL in text. To see picture then have to click on the text to open picture in the Forums thread.

To copy picture from Flickr to Forums, I have found I only succeed if if I manually type in the URL details into the "insert image" each time.
This is VERY time consuming. Where am I going wrong???
(Incidentally, I think I may have been the original enquirer to Bonovox)
If you do not have the "copy to location" feature, simply right click on your photo, choose properties, and copy the address in the resulting window that pops up. (just remember that the address is based on the file & size you are looking at)
01-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #30
Forum Member

test...