Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
TUTORIAL: Posting photos from Flickr/PBase
Posted By: foxglove, 02-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Flickr:

Hello,

a user asked me if could give him a guide for posting images from flickr and i decided to create this tutorial instead, so that it can remain as a future reference for anyone interessted.

Let's begin.. I'll assume that you already have the image uploaded to your flickr account

.. oh, the used browser was Firefox, if you are using IE the menus may differ a little.

1) Go to the "Post your photos!" Section

2) Click the Button "New Thread"

3) Go to you flickr account and go to the page of the image you wish to post here on the forum, then click on the "All Sizes" button

4) Click on the "Medium" link

5) Right-Click on the medium size image, and click "Copy Image Location"

6) Now let's get back to the "Post New Thread" on PentaxForums,

Left-Click on the "Insert Image" Button

and the folowing popup will appear:

now Paste the image location which you previously Copyed,
you can Right-Click and Paste, or just use CTRL+V

At this point if you press the submit button, the medium sized image will be displayed on the post, i use the medium sized image to use as thumbnails, next i'll show you how to create a link, so that when someone click the medium image will be forwarded to the large size one.

If you do not wich to create thumbnails, on step 4) go directly to the large size image instead of the medium size, and your done.

Creating a link from the medium size image on PentaxForums to the Large Size on flickr:

7) Repeat step 4) and 5) but instead of going to the medium size, go to the large size image.

8) On the "Post new Thread" page, select all the image location, including the [IMG] tags, and the press the "Insert Link" button.

9) A popup will appear, Paste the URL of the large size image (which you already copied on step 7) using CTRL+V and then click OK.

If everything went OK, you should have the medium size image displayed on the post, and if you click the image you will be forwarded to the large size image.

Just repeat this steps to every image you want to post.

I Hope this helps someone, any doubt just drop me a PM or post here.

-by Barbosas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PBase:

Many using pbase have run into problems posting here, with images showing up sporadically, or not at all. The solution is very simple: make sure the url you use has nothing between "www" and "pbase", other than the necessary dot, of course. I don't know how it works in other browsers or operating systems, but I right-click on the image and select "Copy Link Location" (Firefox, Windows XP). All you have to do is make sure the image url ends with the image extension...Easy, huh?

example:
http://www.idontknowifpbaseislikethis.com/image.jpg

-by foxglove
Views: 62,638
04-19-2013, 03:52 AM   #61

think the process should be simple point better

04-19-2013, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by L.ladyson Quote
think the process should be simple point better
The Flickr portion of this thread is outdated. Don't know about the PBase part.

In Flickr you just click Share, click Grab the HTML/BBCode, click the BBCode radio button, select the size from the drop-down menu, and then Copy/Paste the text.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 7.03.09 AM.png
Views: 501
Size:  201.2 KB

08-01-2013, 09:30 AM - 3 Likes   #63
Veteran Member

Tutorial updated for the new 2013 Flickr interface.

1. On your photo page, click the "Sharing" icon at the bottom right of your picture to open the drop-down. Click on the "Grab the HTML" link.

2. Choose a size in the drop-down, then click the "BBCode" button below. Copy the content in the code field.

3. On PentaxForums, just paste the BBCode in your message. You don't even need to click any button here!

It will create a picture with a link to the Flickr page. Easy

As an example, here's a "small 320" image from my Flickr account:

By the way, there are two BBCode tags: one for the image, one for the text link. You could well get rid of the text link if you just need the picture in your post, as the image itself has a link to the Flickr page.

Please note that this is the preferred way to embed Flickr images, since Flickr's rules require you to link back to the photo page rather than juste the image. See Flickr community guidelines.
09-23-2014, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #64
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
test

OK my turn to try posting from Flikr

09-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
TEST!

PhilippeG, thank you for updating this sticky! Its useful again.
11-03-2016, 03:36 AM - 2 Likes   #66
Veteran Member

My last post was outdated again. New Flickr, new how-to!

1. Click the sharing button. It is located near the bottom right of the picture.

2. Click the "BBCode" tab.

3. Choose a size ("Large 1024 × 678" is fine for the forum) then copy the code and paste it directly in your message.

4. (optional) Modify the BBCode.
The code is actually two BB tags. You may want to keep each tag on a separate line, so that the name is always displayed below the picture, not next to it.
Or you may want to remove the link, and just keep the picture.

11-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
Or you may want to remove the link, and just keep the picture.
Meaning using the code after "Only the picture:" that includes the link to the Flickr page. This latter link should not be omitted as doing so would violate the Flickr community guidelines (as you have pointed out earlier).

04-26-2017, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #68
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Meaning using the code after "Only the picture:" that includes the link to the Flickr page. This latter link should not be omitted as doing so would violate the Flickr community guidelines (as you have pointed out earlier).
If you paste all the BBCode generated in Flickr into a post here, your post will have these components:
- a url link that works to bring up the image in the PF post,
- a text HTML link that when clicked will open the image in Flickr, and
- a text HTML link that will open the author's page on Flickr.

That is, the BBCode will bring up the image (at the chosen resolution) and say at the bottom something in the form, "photo_name.jpg by Flickr_user_name on Flickr". The photo name and the user name will be HTML links that will open the respective pages on Flickr.

The Flickr guidelines relevantly say this:
"Link back to Flickr when you post your Flickr content elsewhere.
Flickr makes it possible to post content hosted on Flickr to other web sites. Pages on other web sites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page on Flickr. This provides a way to get more information about the content and the photographer."

As I read these guidelines, it is sufficient to include the hyperlink to "photo_name.jpg" - that is a link from the photo back to its page on Flickr, where the viewer can "get more information about the content and the photographer". I don't think it is necessary to include the rest of the BBCode that adds "by Flickr_User_name on Flickr".

In other words, this sort of thing is enough:
2017-02-25_S1794P_FosterShow_DxO1

On one view, even the text HTML link with the photo name isn't required, because the photo in this post contains a link to its page on Flickr. That is, click on the photo and it brings up its page on Flickr.

Maybe what Flickr really doesn't like is just embedding the image without any link back to Flickr.

Last edited by Des; 04-26-2017 at 07:13 PM.