Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The road to Stewart, B.C.
Lens: DA 18-135, DA 55-300 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: British Columbia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RGlasel, 08-18-2016, 07:46 PM

Stewart is a little town on the border with Alaska, if you take the road through town you end up in Hyder, Alaska. Access to the Pacific is through the naturally formed Portland Canal. The only road into Stewart is also the only road out. This is a very limited selection of the landscape you can view from your vehicle as you drive there from the Cassiar Highway.

Views: 868
08-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting wth well taken shots.....................TFS
08-19-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Interesting wth well taken shots.....................TFS
Thanks for commenting!
08-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks for posting these photos! I went on a road trip up through BC, Yukon and Alaska for the entire month of August 20 years ago. I remember a day spent in Hyder. It was likely almost exactly 20 years ago to the day! These shots brought back some memories. I'll have to see if I can find some old 4x6 photos taken with disposable point and shoot cameras from that trip...

08-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seanix Quote
I remember a day spent in Hyder.
Just for you I'll post a picture of Main Street, Hyder.

In the course of about 20 kms, we drove across the international border to Hyder, then took a mining road uphill into B.C. to see the Salmon Glacier. At this point, my wife was getting too nervous with where I was driving her van, so we stopped to take this picture.

Taking the same gravel road back to Hyder, we stopped at the U.S. Forest Service's Fish Creek Wildlife Observation Site to watch salmon spawning. It was late afternoon, so the feeding bears had all gone home for the day, but a few salmon were still following their instincts.