Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Car Excitement Series.
Lens: Nikon 28~105mm D Lens Camera: Nikon D70 Photo Location: Sherwood, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-21-2016, 08:36 PM

This photo was taken @ 28mm. I had a lot of fun with the couple that pulled into the lot at the winery. They had not purchased it yet as the dealer allowed them to take the car for a spin around the county. I could tell they really liked it a great deal. It is no longer a Mazda Miata, now it is the Mazda MX5.

Thanks so much for viewing, and please photo #s 2, and 3.

Rgds,

Antonio

---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 08:39 PM ----------

Very cool looking interior. I want one.

Thanks for viewing and one more to go.

Antonio

---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 08:42 PM ----------

On this shot I deliberately left out the rear quarter panel so I could present the nice looking lines from the left side.

Thanks again for looking, hope everyone enjoys.

Antonio
Views: 827
08-21-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been considering getting one myself.

edit: note to self, read before posting
08-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The third photo was the best for image sharpness and colour rendition.
08-21-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The MX-5 uses a multi layer paint. Basically the color shifts in different lighting conditions and at different angles.

08-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Lovely sportscar. My wife has always wanted a Mazda Miata or MX5....or a Jaguar XJ6....or a '73 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. But she seems to be more than happy with a Buick LaCrosse sedan.
08-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The third photo was the best for image sharpness and colour rendition.
You are correct in that the first one I had to do a lot PPE as far as darkening and vignetting. The D70 does have a problem with Limited Dynamic Range, so I do need to remember bring along a CPL and perhaps a ND Filter with a low number.

Thanks EM, as always, appreciate your input.

Adios,

Tony

---------- Post added 08-21-16 at 09:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Lovely sportscar. My wife has always wanted a Mazda Miata or MX5....or a Jaguar XJ6....or a '73 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. But she seems to be more than happy with a Buick LaCrosse sedan.
Yes, it is a lovely sports car. I did not check out the sticker shock price, I figure what's the point? I am still saving up for my k-1. You can imagine the fun this couple had with weather we had today, top down and zooooom, zooooooming through the Wine Countryside. I mean how can they return it to the dealer and not make a purchase?

Thanks,

Tony
08-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cool shots, Antonio. I owned three Miatas over the years and enjoyed them very much - lots of fun for the buck. This latest version looks like a real gem.

Jer

08-22-2016, 10:15 PM   #8

Love the first shot.

The mx-5 will always be a Miata to me. I've had an NA, NB, and now a new-to-me NC (which outclasses the NB by a factor of 10 or so after driving it).

Can't wait to test an ND.
08-22-2016, 10:44 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Cool shots, Antonio. I owned three Miatas over the years and enjoyed them very much - lots of fun for the buck. This latest version looks like a real gem.

Jer
Thanks Jer. I can recall when they first arrived here in Beaverton, Oregon, the dealerships could not get enough of 'em. This is no exaggeration, people wanted them so bad, they would spot a Mazda Miata and a stoplight, and offer the driver as much as $5,000.00 more than he paid for it. It was even on the local news.

Thanks again,

Antonio

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 10:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
I've been considering getting one myself.

edit: note to self, read before posting
Great comment, hilarious. Many thanks.

Antonio

---------- Post added 08-22-16 at 10:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 2techsans Quote
Love the first shot.

The mx-5 will always be a Miata to me. I've had an NA, NB, and now a new-to-me NC (which outclasses the NB by a factor of 10 or so after driving it).

Can't wait to test an ND.
Thank you very much. I like it best also because you can look over the real details, i.e, styling, The Big Grin Grill with the Batman eyes styled headlights and the all important vents so the wind goes through the vehicle instead of creating more resistance. You just have to hand it to Mazda, they really knocked it out of the park with styling, appeal, performance and reliability. I had a lot of fun this day.

Adios,

Antonio