Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Not sure about this photograph.
Lens: Takumar F 70~210mm Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-31-2016, 10:59 PM

When I first spotted this subject I did not take notice of how unkempt it appeared. As my close, personal friend, Tony Soprano would say, "Hey. Whaddaya gonna do?"

I do not recall having to use any sharpening tools in PPE, although there is some white fringing, however, some folks told me that being indoors with artificial light can produce that affect. At any rate any comments will be appreciated. Not a bad shot, I do like the bokeh and the various colors tend to enhance the entire subject. Shot was taken at 83mm, no flash, used CWA Metering.

Many thanks for viewing.

rgds,

Antonio

Last edited by Tonytee; 08-31-2016 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Views: 671
09-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great use of selective focus, Antonio. Maybe a bit over-sharpened in the in-focus areas - something that happens to me occasionally for reasons I don't entirely understand.

Jer
09-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Whites are generally hard to capture detail in but you've done very well here.
09-01-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great use of selective focus, Antonio. Maybe a bit over-sharpened in the in-focus areas - something that happens to me occasionally for reasons I don't entirely understand.

Jer
Hi jer, thanks so much for your review. The white fringing is not that prevalent, some here, some there. So, I may have done some sharpening, I just do not recall. I will say that I thoroughly enjoy that Takumar F 70-210mm 1:4~5.6 lens. I believe every Pentaxian would love to have one. The lens does not have any coatings and it still produces wonderful clarity, bokeh and all around fine photographs. Thanks again,

Antonio

---------- Post added 09-01-16 at 04:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Whites are generally hard to capture detail in but you've done very well here.
Many thanks EM, your input is most welcomed and appreciated.

Antonio

09-01-2016, 07:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice rendition of the main flower. The background seems a bit confused to me. I would prefer some more blur. A trade off between sharp subject and fuzzy background which is not always possible to achieve in the field.