Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A portrait of my brother and his daughter.
Posted By: lauravp77, 09-01-2016, 06:15 PM

I realize I may have shot this in P-mode, from the looks of it. I'm not sure why I wasn't in manual, but gradually I am getting the hang of things. At any rate, I think this was fairly well done!

Please feel free to let me know what you think! Thanks

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 638
09-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice expressions, too, Laura. Next time, tell your brother to get with the program and take off his glasses!
09-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Nice expressions, too, Laura. Next time, tell your brother to get with the program and take off his glasses!
Funny you should mention that, as his daughter ended up putting them on in a later photo I took!
09-02-2016, 07:38 AM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo is nicely composed and you got the right bits in focus. So you've done the hard parts right.
It is always dangerous to suggest post-processing tweaks since everyone has their monitor calibrated or tuned to different settings... but you might want to tweak a bit to make the skin tones and overall colour a little richer. Right now it seems a little flat to me. Or you can ignore me and just keep taking more photos, which is the best way to learn and improve.

Last edited by MSL; 01-11-2017 at 05:56 AM.
09-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Photo is nicely composed and you got the right bits in focus. So you've done the hard parts right.
It is always dangerous to suggest post-processing tweaks since everyone has their monitor calibrated or tuned to different settings... but you might want to tweak a bit to make the skin tones and over colour a little richer. Right now it seems a little flat to me. Or you can ignore me and just keep taking more photos, which is the best way to learn and improve.
There's a green colout cast, too, perhaps from all the surrounding vegetation, so a bit of white balancing would be great.