Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Northampton Snapshots
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Northampton, MA 
Posted By: Sailor, 09-05-2016, 06:56 AM

In June, my wife and I visited our daughter, Robin, and son-in-law, Kurt, in Connecticut, and while there we drove up to Northampton in Massachusetts, located a few miles north of where Robin is a professor of biology at Westfield State University.

Northampton has the kind of funky vibe you get from some of the communities in the Bay Area in California; since Rob and Kurt lived in Palo Alto for a few years, they like to get that California feeling (in summer, at least ) with visits to Northampton. Smith College also is in North Hampton, so we took a walk in and around the campus, where I grabbed a few snapshots.

Jer

My daughter, the professor, while we lunched at the Northampton Brewery:

An imposing Catholic church adjacent to the Smith campus:

What I assume is Smith's first chemistry hall - I spent 8 years in university chemistry buildings, but none had the charm of this old gal:

The Smith College botanical garden area:

Views: 1,112
09-05-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You scored a good series of shots on this visit and you have a daughter the camera loves.
09-06-2016, 07:24 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks much, EM, for the very kind words.

Jer
09-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice Jer.I thought that I could feel the vibes when you were close by.--capn zap

09-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I grew up in Northampton (back in the '70s). The Smith College campus was a great place to bike around in summer, and paradise pond to skate on in winter. I loved that botanical garden! Thanks for sharing, the pics are as vivid as my memories
09-07-2016, 12:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Such a shame that the words and pictures museum up there couldn't afford the insurance on the collection to keep their doors open. It was a fun little landmark to hit up in Northampton. 4-5 story brownstone with a gargoyle on the roof. It was a museum dedicated to comic books and sequential art.
09-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice Jer.I thought that I could feel the vibes when you were close by.--capn zap
Hey, Capn - it's always nice to get back to Massachusetts. I'm glad the vibes I was broadcasting made it to Saugus!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by sergeremy Quote
I grew up in Northampton (back in the '70s). The Smith College campus was a great place to bike around in summer, and paradise pond to skate on in winter. I loved that botanical garden! Thanks for sharing, the pics are as vivid as my memories
I'm glad you enjoyed 'em and that they stimulated such memories.

Jer

09-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Always great to catchup with the Professor Daughter and the scenery is fabulous
Enjoying every day mate TFS

cheers

Ivan
09-09-2016, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Always great to catchup with the Professor Daughter and the scenery is fabulous
Enjoying every day mate TFS

cheers

Ivan
Hey thanks, buddy. I appreciate your kind words, as always.

Jer