Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Lembert Dome and Tuolumne Meadows
Lens: DA12-24 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Yosemite, CA 
Posted By: jcdog2006, 09-11-2016, 06:41 PM

I was thinking there would be chances to summit this "small" dome every time when I drove by or even parked at its base to hike to other places like Young Lakes or Glen Aulin. Almost 10 years passed, and I finally did it yesterday.

Views: 543
09-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very picturesque and very pleasing to view. Nicely done. I do not believe I have heard of that lens until now. It is a fairly new release from Pentax?
Many thanks,

Antonio
09-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Very picturesque and very pleasing to view. Nicely done. I do not believe I have heard of that lens until now. It is a fairly new release from Pentax?
Many thanks,

Antonio
Hi Antonio,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. The scene atop Lembert Dome is actually non less beautiful then Half Dome, it deserves your every single step and every bit of effort to hike to its top.

As for DA12-24, it is released in 2005. Please check its review in here. It's the 1st DA lens I bought new, and it has served my *ist DL, K200D, K-5 and K-3 well. I always took it with me for hiking and it never disappointed me. It's a must have if you use APS-C and like landscape. I ever owned this lens together with DA14 at one time and eventually sold DA14 and keep this one for its flexibility and sharpness.

Have a good one.
09-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Now that's a Vista ...

09-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice shot.
10-02-2016, 02:52 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

A very nice, interesting view!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: