Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Hurricane Hermine's presence in Woodstown NJ
Lens: Sigma 17-70mm Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Woodstown NJ ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: johnhilvert, 09-18-2016, 11:26 PM

I was attending the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival at Woodstown NJ when this amazing sunset appeared.

It was actually Hurricane Hermine's presence glowering red and bold from the Atlantic Ocean.

Post-tropical cyclone Hermine was lurking off America’s East Coast, with storm watches in place in a number of states and threats of flooding in coastal areas. It picked up strength in the Atlantic Ocean and could regain hurricane force later on Sunday as it travels up the coast. Fortunately there were no other elements of the hurricane felt here.

It was tricky capturing its visual drama. I had to "under-expose" by two stops to highlight its backdrop that afternoon. Some processing in Lightroom for contrast as well. Shot at 70mm length on my trusty Sigma zoom..

Attached Images

Last edited by johnhilvert; 09-18-2016 at 11:31 PM. Reason: literal
Views: 751
09-20-2016, 03:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good choice to expose for the sky. Works really well in combination with al the activity silhouetted in the foreground.
07-18-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnhilvert Quote
I was attending the Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival at Woodstown NJ when this amazing sunset appeared.

It was actually Hurricane Hermine's presence glowering red and bold from the Atlantic Ocean.

Post-tropical cyclone Hermine was lurking off America’s East Coast, with storm watches in place in a number of states and threats of flooding in coastal areas. It picked up strength in the Atlantic Ocean and could regain hurricane force later on Sunday as it travels up the coast. Fortunately there were no other elements of the hurricane felt here.

It was tricky capturing its visual drama. I had to "under-expose" by two stops to highlight its backdrop that afternoon. Some processing in Lightroom for contrast as well. Shot at 70mm length on my trusty Sigma zoom..
Oh, this is just so good.
05-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by johnhilvert Quote

Lovely and moodey