Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
perfect conditions ...
Lens: Meyer Optik Trioplan 100mm Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Western NY ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/800s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: zman, 09-21-2016, 08:30 AM

Bright sun and dew make the perfect setting to bring out the Trioplan and create its trademark "bubble" bokeh.
Shot in RAW and PP with PSE 9 and Topaz software.

Last edited by zman; 02-03-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Views: 868
09-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you were going for a sharp image, you missed the mark. However, if you were going for an impressionistic look, you are right on the money! Nice!
With the color, 2 and 3 are the best!

Regards,
11-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Bright sun and dew make the perfect setting to bring out the Trioplan and create its trademark "bubble" bokeh.
Shot in RAW and PP with PSE 9 and Topaz software.
I guess I have to blame you for my interest in Trioplan I remember seeing these photos and getting interested in the lens... Which Trioplan did you use?
11-23-2016, 04:30 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The lens is a Meyer-Optik Görlitz Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 in a M42 mount. I had a difficult time finding one in my price range in the U.S. A fellow user in a group at Flickr told me she had success finding hers at eBay Germany. The problem was finding a seller willing to ship to the U.S. I got lucky and found a nice copy with the original lens hood, case, and extension tubes. I first saw images done with this lens from a Polish photographer, Magda Wasiczek, in Pop Photo magazine a few years ago. Check out her website and you'll really be interested.

11-23-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
The lens is a Meyer-Optik Görlitz Trioplan 100mm f/2.8 in a M42 mount. I had a difficult time finding one in my price range in the U.S. A fellow user in a group at Flickr told me she had success finding hers at eBay Germany. The problem was finding a seller willing to ship to the U.S. I got lucky and found a nice copy with the original lens hood, case, and extension tubes. I first saw images done with this lens from a Polish photographer, Magda Wasiczek, in Pop Photo magazine a few years ago. Check out her website and you'll really be interested.
I have been looking at Russian websites, but they seem to mostly have Exacta mount lenses, and the prices are the same as in North America. Will check out German eBay... I am trying to learn something about Meyer Optik lenses. Are you an expert, by any chance? I found a list of their lenses (didn't find one on Wikipedia to my surprise), but there was no information about the lens, only focal length, aperture, and name. There didn't seem to be much correlation between names, focal lengths and aperture sizes. All of that to say, I am just wondering why a 2.8/50 Trioplan costs $500 and up, while a 2.8/50 Domiplan is about $50. You get more bubbles for $500 than for $50? Or someone mentioned the name "Trioplan" and now there is a rush to get them?
11-23-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I have been looking at Russian websites, but they seem to mostly have Exacta mount lenses, and the prices are the same as in North America. Will check out German eBay... I am trying to learn something about Meyer Optik lenses. Are you an expert, by any chance? I found a list of their lenses (didn't find one on Wikipedia to my surprise), but there was no information about the lens, only focal length, aperture, and name. There didn't seem to be much correlation between names, focal lengths and aperture sizes. All of that to say, I am just wondering why a 2.8/50 Trioplan costs $500 and up, while a 2.8/50 Domiplan is about $50. You get more bubbles for $500 than for $50? Or someone mentioned the name "Trioplan" and now there is a rush to get them?
I am anything but an expert. Just a hobbyist that fell in love with this lens. I also in my search found way more Exacta mounts than M42. From research I did on the internet regarding this lens, it does produce the best "bubble" bokeh. The trioplans do cost for used original models, but a recent Kickstarter campaign had them going for over $1200 if I remember correctly. Best of luck in your search.