Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Before I forget again!
Posted By: rmtagg, 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM

LOL, I have been here 4 times today and meant to post these pics each time. then I get side tracked looking at everyone else's pics and forget to post! LOL
these were taken this spring

Views: 2,572
07-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series Rosemary. I like the Rose the best with the isolated background and well captured whites.
07-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Damn Brit

I love the second shot Rosemary, it's quite abstract for you, I like this side of you........... MORE, MORE, MORE...................
Gary
07-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Igilligan

Very nice....

I shoot those first flowers in my yard all the time and I am here to tell ya, it is tough to get the reds right on those babies... Too much/Too little. Too pink, you know what I am talking about.

And the detail on the white rose is really good. Another tough exposure to get right and you nailed it... Love it

07-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Nice series Rosemary. I like the Rose the best with the isolated background and well captured whites.

thank you I am just getting around to getting through the pics from the spring. I don't know why I don't have enough time, lol

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I love the second shot Rosemary, it's quite abstract for you, I like this side of you........... MORE, MORE, MORE...................
Gary
He he he, I will see what else I have Gary that you might like

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I shoot those first flowers in my yard all the time and I am here to tell ya, it is tough to get the reds right on those babies... Too much/Too little. Too pink, you know what I am talking about.

And the detail on the white rose is really good. Another tough exposure to get right and you nailed it... Love it
Yes they are hard to get the color right and the lighting right. I have some with the more purple color that I will be getting to.
I really am pleased with the white rose, surprised even myself, lol! the red plant has beautiful sunlight shinning through it.

Last edited by rmtagg; 07-25-2008 at 09:04 PM.
07-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Gary.. calm down.. Rosemary will keep your fix in place! Nice shoots and agree with Gary on the second one.. Its you! Cheers JIMBO
07-26-2008, 04:56 AM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

Very nice. The second one in the first batch, is that shot through something or is a reflection off something. The edges of the colored part of the image look curved like it's reflecting off something round but it seems too sharp for that. Also, the left edge through that off. How did you shoot that one?

07-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well done Rosemary - love the framing on #2 and the simple background on #3 glad you remembered.

Last edited by daacon; 07-26-2008 at 10:34 AM.
07-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

The 2nd shot is my favorite. Really standing out. Good framing with interesting light
07-26-2008, 06:28 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Yes yes the rose is so delicate yet it has a special meaning

cheers
07-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #11
JMR
Veteran Member

Love that second shot. Like looking through beads of water on glass. Most pleasing!

JMR
07-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I really like the first picture for its mood! Like you have found a hidden treasure, not seen by too many...
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Nice shots Rosemary. Love the shot of the Fuschia (#1) and the Rose is a very well taken shot as well. Really enjoy good flower shots, as that is my main interest Well done!
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Very nice. The second one in the first batch, is that shot through something or is a reflection off something. The edges of the colored part of the image look curved like it's reflecting off something round but it seems too sharp for that. Also, the left edge through that off. How did you shoot that one?
I shot it between 2 trees as an experiment. A keeper , right? LOL

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Rosemary - love the framing on #2 and the simple background on #3 glad you remembered.
thanks Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I really like the first picture for its mood! Like you have found a hidden treasure, not seen by too many...
thank you
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Gary.. calm down.. Rosemary will keep your fix in place! Nice shoots and agree with Gary on the second one.. Its you! Cheers JIMBO

I am going to have to shoot more like this I guess, lol

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The 2nd shot is my favorite. Really standing out. Good framing with interesting light
You know how sometimes you are walking along and something just jumps right out at you as a good shot. well, that did not happen here, lol he he he It was an experiment that turned out well.

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Yes yes the rose is so delicate yet it has a special meaning

cheers
I do like how you can see the texture of the rose petals. It is really nice in a larger size.

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Love that second shot. Like looking through beads of water on glass. Most pleasing!

JMR
thank you! Shot between 2 trees with control of DOF