Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Should stay
Camera: Pentax k-5 
Posted By: marcodagi, 09-28-2016, 09:38 AM

Do you think this building should be renovated or destroyed?
Zapisz

Views: 704
09-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IS it historical or significant in any way? The front architecture looks interesting, but is it a unique style or designed by an important architect? We need more information before rendering a useful opinion.
09-30-2016, 03:59 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
IS it historical or significant in any way? The front architecture looks interesting, but is it a unique style or designed by an important architect? We need more information before rendering a useful opinion.
This is building probably from 1903 and all documentation about it lost. It's in Bytom, Poland and we have some pretty but devastaded Art Nouveau buildings here. Like you see, all around already disappeared and this building is so lonely. Probably only option for it is something around with good taste. I just worry that this is kind of impossible case for investors... few years ago near of it one building (facade) has some "luck" and now it's a parking for shopping gallery...

and my photo below at the time of working on it. In the background one of the buildings what doesn't exist and was near to main topic.

Zapisz
Zapisz
09-30-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am all for saving older buildings if it is feasible. If the money is there to save it, by all means, do so. This building seems to be a bit architecturally unique, but what i the condition of the front? Does it still have structural integrity? These are things that need to be weighed before a decision to keep it or scrap it is made. One thing I have learned over the years, there is no such thing as construction problems now, only money problems!

Regards,