Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  
Remember Pentax Don't Do Sports
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-02-2016, 02:32 AM

I'm sorry folks, I forgot that with my old fashioned manual lenses and Pentax cameras that you can't do this sort of thing.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 2,363
10-14-2016, 12:37 AM   #31
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote

Good suggestions on modifying my set up

However, i really didn't have the time to change settings, completely unexpected action and was never duplicated. I was taking pictures of various species of ducks being fed by kids from an elevated dock on the far side of the pond.

Some one tried a "Centerfield to home " throw and the wood duck went into "road runner" mode. Although you might think it was taking off it never did and settled down a few feet out of frame

I was "panning" the shot and praying that I would catch up with "speedy".

First time I had used the 1.4 converter as well

You get what you get

Unless you pose the shot like certain people do��

(Can't think of any more excuses right now, may be I will edit later��)
Hmmm, have to get you enrolled on Kung Fu course, so you will learn to have lightening fast reflexes... Grasshopper.

10-14-2016, 04:10 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Hmmm, have to get you enrolled on Kung Fu course, so you will learn to have lightening fast reflexes... Grasshopper.

Woodn't a lightening flash over expose the photo?

For an old blind guy you got a good photo to start off this thread grandfather

Must be true what they say about the old blind "guy" once in a while he finds the acorn as opposed to just running into the tree

---------- Post added 10-14-16 at 06:16 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Was actually thinking wood grain.

But some of us here are old enough to remember film grain the size of golf balls, when you got ambitious and pushed stuff too hard.
Oh yes the good old days of shooting slides and the printing photos from one or two that were good enough
10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Woodn't a lightening flash over expose the photo?
No it's all over in a flash, way too fast for any Pentax camera to pick up on... remember they're so slow about everything.

For an old blind guy you got a good photo to start off this thread grandfather
Aye it was taken by sense of smell.

Oh yes the good old days of shooting slides and the printing photos from one or two that were good enough
Aye the old days of push processing film (especially the Kodak Professional T-Max 400 B & W Film) for all it's big golf ball grain glory.