Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A few from the Amazon jungle in Peru
Camera: K5 
Posted By: sealonsf, 10-05-2016, 03:19 PM

Some of these aren't the best but I found photography to be very challenging. I needed a bigger telephoto - the 300 wasn't quite enough and my skills were put to the test - but this gives you an idea of what you can see in the jungles of Peru.

1. Along the Amazon river

2. Wooley Monkey

3. Wooley Monkey

4. Wooly monkey

5. Baby anaconda

6. Vultures

7. Poison Dart Frog (tiny!)

8. Sloth way up in a tree

9. Bat

10. Black Caracara

Views: 827
10-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Loved it!
At my age I still have two places to visit - India for the human culture and the Amazon basin for nature.
Well done in spite of gear limitations.
10-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

Basically, everything in the jungle is out to kill... so don't go into the jungle.

Wonderful set of critters to photograph though. Thank you for sharing your photos!
10-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
everything in the jungle is out to kill... so don't go into the jungle.
Like the "jungles" that are parts of LA, St Louis, Detroit, Camden N.J and NYC for instance.

10-06-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Basically, everything in the jungle is out to kill... so don't go into the jungle.

Wonderful set of critters to photograph though. Thank you for sharing your photos!
That's so true about the jungle! We hiked over 14 miles through thick jungle - took 12 hours with a break for lunch. Got bit by ants (that hurt!), got nasty thorns in our hands because we touched the wrong palm tree, I sunk into the mud to my knees a couple of time, fell to my knee in another hole that I didn't realize was there because it was covered with leaves. Lots of "fun" for sure. Thanks for commenting.