Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Basin Lake Depot , AP
Lens: FA 35-80 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario 
Posted By: normhead, 10-10-2016, 05:32 AM

K-1, 100 ISO to 1600 ISO, Most images ƒ8.

One of my friends was driving through the park coming to our place, and it took her more than an hour to get through the temporary stop light at one location. So that deterred us from going across the Hwy 60 corridor. We went the other way, out to Barry's Bay, and then north to Basin Lake Depot.

The oldest building in Algonquin Park....

Walking out to the Waterfall

Lots of colour along the way.

Dave and Tripper scout the waterfall.

Ha;f the fun of waterfalls are the pools and eddies by the shore.

Running water and colourful leaves in the same image. It doesn't get much better than that.

Tess gets set up for a few shots.

Hwy 60 on the way home,

Last edited by normhead; 10-12-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Views: 1,132
10-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
an enjoyable series. That's a beautiful part of the world you live in Norm,... not too sure about the winter months though, cheers
10-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
an enjoyable series. That's a beautiful part of the world you live in Norm,... not too sure about the winter months though, cheers
You just have to have a short memory.
10-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Great series Norm. I really like the one of the colors along the way and the one of Dave and Tripper.

10-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Great series Norm. I really like the one of the colors along the way and the one of Dave and Tripper.
Thanks for commenting photolady95. Dave is old, crotchety (vegan) and thinks he knows everything, but he's available.
Tripper on the other hand is spoken for.
10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Dave is old, crotchety (vegan) and thinks he knows everything, but he's available.
Don't all men? and as for the other, no thanks. Been there, done that. And I'd never make it as a vegan, give me steak anytime.

Tripper on the other hand, too bad. I love your dogs. Or any dog for that matter. Or animals in general.
10-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Don't all men? and as for the other, no thanks. Been there, done that. And I'd never make it as a vegan, give me steak anytime.

Tripper on the other hand, too bad. I love your dogs. Or any dog for that matter. Or animals in general.
We serve a vegan chilli for Dave when he comes. most participants are thankful they are single and sleeping in different rooms. We have normal food for the other couple of nights, but we make sure there's enough chilli left over that Dave doesn't starve. By the third night of TVP Chilli, I'm sure every one is happy they aren't sleeping even on the same floor as Dave.

10-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
By the third night of TVP Chilli, I'm sure every one is happy they aren't sleeping even on the same floor as Dave.
Yes, I can relate to that for sure. I'm glad you take care of those who don't prefer meat. It's good of you!
10-13-2016, 05:36 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, I can relate to that for sure. I'm glad you take care of those who don't prefer meat. It's good of you!
You know how it goes... Dave always says "you guys don't have to look after me." but he pouts if we don't.
10-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great photos Norm. I've not been on the forum as much, but congrats on getting a K1! How have you been enjoying it?
10-13-2016, 06:34 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Great photos Norm. I've not been on the forum as much, but congrats on getting a K1! How have you been enjoying it?
It's been good, but my mindset has really been affected by APS-c. My favourite lens has become my 50 macro. 50 just is not the same on APS-c and 35 on APS-c is a pale comparison to 50 on full frame. I know it should be equivalent but it's not.