Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spinning Plate
Lens: Tamron 24-135 Camera: PENTAX K-5 Photo Location: Tokyo ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 10-16-2016, 02:41 AM

Hi
Am rummaging through some old photos for a project on travel and came across this image. I looked at it again before I decided I like it even though it has no place in the project I am working on.

The little girl is waiting in anticipation for the spinning plate to be placed on top of the stick she is holding. I remember clearly this was not the reason I took the shot. I had more interest in the audience watching the performance and this is the outcome. One young woman hanging on the arm of her companion looks totally bored while others have complete fascination and concentration written all over their faces.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Views: 644
10-16-2016, 03:12 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I like your observing people skills, to me it's what true "street photography" is all about, well done indeed.
10-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Ke'do, I can always rely on you to say something nice.

Cheers
10-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent quite a few minutes looking at this image, once one starts looking at the peoples faces and what they look at.......... it's a really interesting image.

10-16-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
I spent quite a few minutes looking at this image
Hi Heinrich

It is that sort of picture. There are only two Caucasian looking people in the crowd. The woman in the centre with the handbag hanging off her shoulder is holding an interesting pose. She looks skeptical for the stint to come off, even looks like she is in a silent prayer. The young women with the patch on her forehead appears to have been too close to some other street performance previously. The gentleman on the far left dressed in a navy coloured Yukata garment appears to be totally absorbed in what is happening, so much so he bends over in order to get closer to the action so he does not miss a thing.

The young couple in the middle at the front seem to be indifferent to the action with her looking positively bored like she really doesn't want to be there. The boy at her left with the baseball jumper only has eyes for the girl with the stick. The lady on the right of the pic is concentrating on the spinning plate and her husband (?) is full of joy, perhaps it is his daughter.

These are the type of photos I like to take, lots to look at and to discover, not the ones were people say; Ah, nice picture... next one... ah, nice picture...
alas I take these picture too when there is nothing else on offer.

Thanks again Heinrich

Cheers
10-17-2016, 12:11 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Thanks Ke'do, I can always rely on you to say something nice.

Cheers
Yw.
10-17-2016, 01:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Yw.
Yw ?
enlighten me please

10-17-2016, 04:36 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Yw ?
enlighten me please
Your welcome...
10-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Beautiful composition and excellent timing. This is definitely one of those "fun to study" photos in which every face tells a different story even if they are all looking at the same thing.

One question: what would happen if you slightly cropped the left side so that frame ends at the back of the head of the robed man who is leaning in? It might add to the drama and create a sense that an eager crowd extends off to the left.