Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Blue Dasher
Posted By: sajmmiller, 07-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Blue Dasher dragonflies all taken with the Tamron 90mm macro. These were a lot of fun to take; the Blue Dasher was willing to let me get very close, and when I did spook him he came right back. The backgrounds were very challenging, and could have been better, but that just gives me an excuse to go back and try again.

2. Not a crop of the one above, just taken much closer.

Comments always appreciated.
Views: 3,875
07-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
You are improving every time you go out to photograph macro Scott! Are you hand-holding when using a flash? These are really great images, and you had some tough backgrounds to work with. I've done very little since my VLF competition (not that there was a lot of macro shots to take there or anything... dry as dust for 7 months)

Perhaps it's time we consider a shoot in the future, and perhaps you can see what a really, really long macro lens is all about...

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks for the nice compliment Marc! All four of these were hand-held because I was sitting on a small rock surrounded by water (no room for a tripod). I was able to brace pretty well with my elbows on my knees. I used the onboard flash for the first two, but no flash for the second two.

I'd enjoy getting together with you at your convenience, and appreciate the offer.

07-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Those shots are wonderful Scott, especially the last one. I've looked at them quite a few times. Thanks for posting.
Gary
Thank you Gary....I'm glad you liked them!