Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sox VS Yanks 07/26/08 BEST SEATS EVER!!!
Posted By: vievetrick, 07-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Sad ending to the game but what can you do. I went to the Sox game Saturday and sat in the best seats I have ever sat in. Front row beer sitting on the dugout First time I did not have to move to a better seat to get pictures and only time I ever got served beer at my seat in Fenway. Anyway, I got some great shots (if I do say so) and thought would share with you all here. There are some minor, I mean minor tweaks to most of these. Resized for web and sharpen a touch and some contrast boost. Maybe I should say minor cropping. Only a couple where cropped. What I am getting at is in these seat the 70-200 was perfect Not as many action shots as I would have liked but was having way to much fun even though the score was not in our favor. here is a link to the entire set in Flickr Sox vs. Yanks 07/26/08 - a set on Flickr here are a few favorites of mine. Enjoy comments welcomed

My buddy, yes he is a Yankee fan and I. This is us standing in fornt of the seats

The only people in front of me. The coaches in the dugout. Manny takes a hack

I was closer then they were. But I had a little lens envy, but no Pentax gear PSST I don't need them

Wake delivers a knuckle ball

A-Rod gets pluncked. This one is cropped the most.

There are a bunch more if your interested in the Set. Still a lot of baseball left and not to worried about the Sox just yet. Trying to go again Tuesday with my son. Anyone have any tickets for that game again comments welcomed.
Views: 1,728
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awsome seats Pat ! Great shots as well , too bad buddy's head was in the way for Manny at the plate. Well done now off to Flickr to see the rest.

Edit just watched the Flickr Slideshow - you got some great closeups - the one play at the plate is awsome - I am soooooooooo jelous ...

Last edited by daacon; 07-27-2008 at 05:57 PM.
07-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AWWWWESOMMMME! Great shots and what a rush to be in the front row dugout area.Great shots and love the last best (you know why)
07-27-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This has been an interesting series, and yes, I am a life-long Yankee fan. Always have been, always will be. Nice shot of the "plunking". Typical Red Sox fans, cheering and clapping when someone gets plunked.

07-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Front row centre great to see a fans rewarded

cheers
07-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. Now Tom no one is cheering that loud I have to tell you, I was surrounded by Yankee fans. I was a little shocked to be honest that the four seats behind and three to my left had Yankee fans in them. So in honor of you and some of my other Yankee friends here are a couple for you.

Do you think Roger will send him a Christmas card this year?

Tom Seleck called he wants his stach back

The only Yankee I admit is okay in my book.

Just added this to the set. Took it with my iPhone two of my favorite things in one shot.

I may tweak it a little later.

All in good fun Tom. Hope you enjoy them.
07-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Great Sox series (as always) and congrats on the seats! Too bad the results where not quite what we'd like to see

07-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

Nice. Nice shots. Nice action. Nice sharpness. Nice nice nice lens.
(dang I have the envies bad - anyone want to sponsor a struggling photographer suffering from lack of lenses?)
07-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

nice series, Pat. Who did you sell your soul to in order to get those seats??
07-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Nice shots. I have Fenway tickets for the Aug. 16 game against Toronto and can't wait.
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #11

Nice shots, though I don't like any teams out of Boston...I'm still hurting over the NBA finals (I was at game 4) I can't wait to shoot sports when the Tamron 70-200 is available.
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks again all. Mel - lots of pennies saved and some luck got my Sigma a few years back from a forum member

Tim - I went to a charity event that auctions these seats every year. I tried two years in a row to get them. This year I pooled the money with my friend (the Yankee fan) our wives our friends and they agreed they would hang in the city while we went to the game. Tickets, limo ride to and from the game cost us $500 each. Honestly, the seats, price of gas and the price to park around Fenway, we got a deal. If anyone at the auction asks if it was fun next year, I will say with a straight face "Nope don't do it" and then I will bid again

Thanks any Sharko, I hope to see a game Tuesday against your Angels.
07-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Forum Member

Great shot of Pettitte. That's now my desktop background at work Great shot of Jeter too.

Go Yankees!
07-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Thanks, Pat! I love a good rivalry. If it helps, I am also a life-long Celtics fan.
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #15
Forum Member

Nice pictures, I was at the game the day after one section back and towards home plate. Not as nice as your seats, but they were good. Didn't bring the camera as it was the night game and I thought it was going to rain.