Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The Bicycle
Lens: HD-DA 16-85mm Camera: Pentax K30 Photo Location: Andalucia, Spain 
Posted By: Janse, 10-19-2016, 06:33 AM

The first wooden bicycle I have ever seen.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 692
10-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 549
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
The first wooden bicycle I have ever seen.
Not only wooden it looks like it is made of bamboo

Here is pic of wooden bike,13 kg max speed 50 km/h made made of walnut wood
Google: rezultat iskanja slik za http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20140801/670x420_Nedelo__01kolo_hires.jpeg0.jpeg?rev=1

Last edited by eva; 10-19-2016 at 11:10 PM.
10-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 9,618
I don't think you would get far on that but there really are bamboo bikes being made and ridden.
10-19-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,208
Was this beautiful machine outside a bicycle shop as advertising Janse? I can now tell people that I have seen a wooden bicycle, thanks to you.

10-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,386
Hi

When I saw your post of this wooden bicycle I immediately remembered a bamboo bicycle I photographed in "Hội An" - a city on Vietnamís central coast. The only difference being, this one is fully functional, I know this because I observed a man riding it through town several times. When he pulled up outside a house and parked it against the wall I took this shot.

Hope you don't mind me adding this image to your post.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-15-2016 at 03:09 AM.
10-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,381
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Not only wooden it looks like it is made of bamboo

Here is pic of wooden bike,13 kg max speed 50 km/h made made of walnut wood
Google: rezultat iskanja slik za http://www.delo.si/assets/media/picture/20140801/670x420_Nedelo__01kolo_hires.jpeg0.jpeg?rev=1
Thank you for commenting.

---------- Post added 10-20-16 at 12:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I don't think you would get far on that but there really are bamboo bikes being made and ridden.
I didn't know. Thank you for commenting.

---------- Post added 10-20-16 at 12:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Was this beautiful machine outside a bicycle shop as advertising Janse? I can now tell people that I have seen a wooden bicycle, thanks to you.
No, it was outside some small tourist shops in Ronda. Thank you for commenting.


---------- Post added 10-20-16 at 12:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

When I saw your post of this wooden bicycle I immediately remembered a bamboo bicycle I photographed in "Hội An" - a city on Vietnamís central coast. The only difference being, this one is fully functional, I know this because I observed a man riding it through town several times. When he pulled up outside a house and parked it against the wall I took this shot.

Hope you don't mind me adding this image to your post.
Not at all. It is much more impressive with a fully functional bike.
07-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Prague
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,913
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
The first wooden bicycle I have ever seen.
That's interesting!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bamboo, bicycle, camera, commenting, photo, pm, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Herbert George Wells' bicycle ZeljkoS Post Your Photos! 6 07-22-2018 04:28 AM
Landscape Piste Cyclable / Bicycle path [HDR] Weevil Post Your Photos! 8 08-02-2015 01:11 PM
Machinery Trampe The Bicycle Lift Janse Post Your Photos! 8 05-31-2015 04:08 AM
Sports Bicycle ride Weevil Post Your Photos! 4 11-07-2014 01:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:10 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top