Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Zoo Animals with F*300
Posted By: LaRee, 07-27-2008, 06:19 PM

I'm doing a bit of photo file housekeeping. I came across some photos I took at the zoo in May. I used the k10d and f*300. It was an overcast dull day so lighting isn't great. But I really enjoy the way this lens performs.

Focusing between the cage wires is tricky, but sometimes I get it right.

Polar Bear enjoying a carrot. This one was taken through thick dirty glass.

This guy just begged for some strong pp

If you'd like to see more of what I uploaded from this day at the zoo, you can find it on page 5 of my gallery here:
LaRee | San Diego Zoo
Views: 4,802
08-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Good stuff, the last two are a lot of fun
I do have a lot of fun at the zoo taking pictures. I've been going through my archives from last year and found quite a few gems that I hadn't pp. I've also been deleting a lot. No sense me keeping so many images I've decided.
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Very nice series LaRee - the last shot made me laugh - almost a wildlife version of a mullet... remember those?
Cheers,
Marc
It does look like it's sporting a mullet. lol Thanks for taking a look and commenting Marc.

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusyoung Quote
La Ree,

Great images captured, crisp, sharp and nice OOF.

Marcus
That F*300 is really a gem. I love that lens!

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
Gimme more o' that hog! Love it, it's almost human. In fact, there's a kid down the road....
Fabulous shots. That's some lens. (Now how can I stump up the moolah for one? Maybe if I flog my body down Hindley Street one night).

Great art, great photography, great skill.
Thank you for your kind words. As I said above, I'm going through many shoots that I hadn't addressed yet and finding some cool surprises. I'm vowing to do better in at least cleaning out my shots as I take them. I've a huge backlog from last year and this year is already half over. I must do better!

08-07-2008, 10:34 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They're all fantastic. The polar bear is my fav.