Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  
Colias croceus - Pixel shift
Posted By: macrophotos, 10-23-2016, 03:21 AM

My first photo in this forum
I love macro and close up photography ( and my K3 II )
This is Colias croceus taken in ambient light, just after sunrise, in my orchard, with tripod and pixel shift, no wind.
Original version for better view:
www.photosocial.it/fotomie/colias.jpg

Antonio

Name:  colias1280.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  305.5 KB

Views: 2,071
10-25-2016, 01:54 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Superb photo! I like that pixel shift has many more applications than the obvious studio work and landscapes (when conditions are right).

10-25-2016, 03:57 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot Antonio, but I'm a little confused by the pixel shift explanation in this thread. My understanding is that to date Adobe products do not recognise the 4 image pixel shift files, and can only 'see' the first image of a series. Therefore what you are processing is not a pixel shifted image

My understanding is that so far the only way to get the pixel shifted image is either ooc jpeg, or in DCU5 then output the resulting image as a tiff to PS or other application.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
10-26-2016, 01:59 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Superb photo! I like that pixel shift has many more applications than the obvious studio work and landscapes (when conditions are right).
Thanks!
Yes, if no wind and the temperature is low the pixel shift is very usable with insects in early morning
Antonio

---------- Post added 26-10-16 at 11:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Nice shot Antonio, but I'm a little confused by the pixel shift explanation in this thread. My understanding is that to date Adobe products do not recognise the 4 image pixel shift files, and can only 'see' the first image of a series. Therefore what you are processing is not a pixel shifted image

My understanding is that so far the only way to get the pixel shifted image is either ooc jpeg, or in DCU5 then output the resulting image as a tiff to PS or other application.

It's true?
Thanks for tip...I thought that by opening the RAW file "pixel shift" was seen correctly by Photoshop....tonight i will try with DCU 5 !
But...if i open "normal" RAW e "pixel shift" RAW with Camera RAW, the "pixel shift" RAW is better
Antonio

---------- Post added 26-10-16 at 11:10 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote

Hello,
i found this:
Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 is now available
I think Pixel shift mode is supported

Antonio
10-27-2016, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Antonio, it looks like you are correct. Not being a lightroom user (even though I have a $10/month adobe account which keeps it up to date) I was not aware of the latest updates.

10-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by macrophotos Quote
This is Colias croceus taken in ambient light, just after sunrise, in my orchard, with tripod and pixel shift, no wind.
Original version for better view:
www.photosocial.it/fotomie/colias.jpg

Antonio

Attachment 329985
Great detail! I like how the stem just fades away through the foreground.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-18-2018, 07:52 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by macrophotos Quote
Thank you for sharing this delicate-looking creature, and the thing it is standing on, with us!