Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Shelley Beach
Lens: Pentax 10-17mm fish eye Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Nambucca Heads ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Chris Hewgill, 11-02-2016, 11:34 PM

This photo is a split water/surf technique with the photo taken above and below the ocean water line. In this case it takes a compromise between two exposures, with above water line the main exposure. The K3 camera is in a custom water housing with preset manual focus, speed and fstop, a 3 foot hyper focus with a F11 depth of field. A lot of things can go wrong with this type of photography with water droplets (you lick the fish eye port!), exposure hassles with sun glare and water clarity. This photo came together and is used for tourism locally...and of course it helps that the water is warm and tropical here!!

Here is a link to my Pentax K3 surf and ocean photography featuring my latest underwater photos..Latest Surf Photos | Hewysurf | Surf Photographer

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 812
11-02-2016, 11:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tough life up there and hard work with the photography don't know how you can keep up with it all.
11-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ta mate, yep it's difficult up here in mango and prawn land, although I do have to keep an eye out for the men in grey suits (sharks)

Hewy
07-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Hewgill Quote
This photo is a split water/surf technique with the photo taken above and below the ocean water line. In this case it takes a compromise between two exposures, with above water line the main exposure. The K3 camera is in a custom water housing with preset manual focus, speed and fstop, a 3 foot hyper focus with a F11 depth of field. A lot of things can go wrong with this type of photography with water droplets (you lick the fish eye port!), exposure hassles with sun glare and water clarity. This photo came together and is used for tourism locally...and of course it helps that the water is warm and tropical here!!

Here is a link to my Pentax K3 surf and ocean photography featuring my latest underwater photos..Latest Surf Photos | Hewysurf | Surf Photographer
Nice capture!