Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&W or Color? Which do you prefer?
Posted By: sealonsf, 11-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Same photo from Iquitos, Peru in B&W and color. Which do you prefer? Thanks!

Views: 719
11-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I prefer black and white for these because it looks like there is some CA around the pole and top of tent fabric. If I couldn't get rid of it, I'd keep it black and white
11-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I prefer the B&W version because of the sky. It looks like it may have been a bright, hazy day so the sky lacks interest. The bright sky is also causing the CA murfy found.

I would try to process the color one to get more blue back into the sky. If that's not possible then the B&W version is a fine photo.
11-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The CA on the power lines detracts from the colour image. I prefer the B&W slightly.

11-07-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I like both, with perhaps a slight edge to the B&W.

With all due respect, I think both versions would benefit considerably from a little boost in clarity and vibrance, and a gentle "S" tone curve adjustment to exaggerate the darks and lights ever-so-slightly...
11-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I take it that no one seems to like CA. :-) Both images were manipulated a bit for a certain look - one reason the clarity isn't what it might normally be. I was having fun with the NIK Collection and wanted it to look a bit "dirty."