Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunrise
Posted By: Winnie Ooi Zi Yi, 11-10-2016, 05:50 AM

Hi,
I just bought my new Pentax K1 with 28-105mm lens, this is my 1st time using Pentax camera and needed some advise about the setting mode for shooting sunrise and sunset. The pictures which i shot was over exposure in the sky with ISO 100, just wonder whether to used ND filter or CPL ...
thank you very much

Winnie

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 581
11-10-2016, 01:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winnie Ooi Zi Yi Quote
Hi,
I just bought my new Pentax K1 with 28-105mm lens, this is my 1st time using Pentax camera and needed some advise about the setting mode for shooting sunrise and sunset. The pictures which i shot was over exposure in the sky with ISO 100, just wonder whether to used ND filter or CPL ...
thank you very much

Winnie
As long as you don't change exposure settings/compensation I don't think that a filter would change much the results. The camera would just select a longer exposure time.
With the extreme contrast it is difficult to avoid either blown out highlights or significantly underexposed parts in the picture. But when you shoot RAW and reduce the exposure to avoid blown out highlights you should be able to recover details is the underexposed areas.