Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
The Red Door
Lens: SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Paddington, Sydney ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: rayallen, 11-11-2016, 01:45 PM

The red door.

Views: 890
12-26-2017, 04:51 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
The red door.

Definitely draws your eye. Very nice composition!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Definitely draws your eye. Very nice composition!
Thank you, Adam, for your kind comments.
12-26-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely an unusual composition. My immediate reaction upon seeing was, "I like it." Yet when I contemplate it some more, I can't really break down why I like it, other than the attractive color and contrast and all that.*

I feel like the tree's branches are going to reach through my monitor and grab me, though!

Your photo is reminding me vaguely of a print of some 19th century painting I saw once, but I can't place it.

* I'm just now thinking, may be your photo is laughing at me, the tree saying "I'm the subject!" while that red door (and I don't want to paint it black) is slyly whispering, "I'm the real subject here."

12-26-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really enjoy this photo.
First glance was the red door cause that was the title but my eyes very promptly went to the tree.
Nice mix of blue, white, green and the red door.
Well done image.

Clarence
12-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Definitely an unusual composition. My immediate reaction upon seeing was, "I like it." Yet when I contemplate it some more, I can't really break down why I like it, other than the attractive color and contrast and all that.*

I feel like the tree's branches are going to reach through my monitor and grab me, though!

Your photo is reminding me vaguely of a print of some 19th century painting I saw once, but I can't place it.

* I'm just now thinking, may be your photo is laughing at me, the tree saying "I'm the subject!" while that red door (and I don't want to paint it black) is slyly whispering, "I'm the real subject here."

What I was thinking, you put into words perfectly! This offers so much more than what's gathered at first glance! At first, I thought.... "Maybe he could have moved his vantage point and included more of the door." But then.... THEN I see the menacing tree's limbs keeping me from truly focusing on the black window frame I so desperately want to see! It's like they immediately take over the entire capture, if only for a split second! But, the bell has been rung! Bravo!
06-16-2018, 02:26 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I can see why this was entitled "Red Door" ... that is the first thing to catch my attention, even if I weren't prepared for it, but then there is the tree, and the iron work. Lots of interesting stuff going on here.

06-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I really like the composition with the draw of the red door, but also the counterbalance of the tree.