Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Classic cars or bits of them
Posted By: mingdie, 02-15-2007, 02:06 AM

Went to a Classic car meet in the weekend and saw some great old cars. This time I was looking for details and got stuck taking photos of the radiator ornaments. Here is a few of them.

Armstrong Siddley

Alvis

Well I guess this one is easy. RR

Cheers

Eddie
Views: 2,148
02-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Irresistible aren't they? Shame they can't really use them any more cos of criminals. I like the Alvin one, the ornament along with the badge fit nicely.
02-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #3
Veteran Member

This must be some sort of special car show or festival you have attended to? Or this is the club event?

I like these types of shots with backdrop of green hue. These logos are really interesting. The first one, however, looks kind of weird (the logo itself).

Nice shots
02-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I tried shots like these before way back in the 70's with my K1000. Unfortunately it was before I understood about DOF, so I had several rolls of film with very unremarkable pictures of hood ornaments...

Yours came out really nice!

02-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. It was a large classic car exhibition with a couple of houndred cars. Someone said New Zealand have more classic cars per capita then anywhere else.
I really enjoyed trying to get good photos of the ornaments. What I found hardest was to get the background right. Quite often the sun was from the wrong direction.
My favourit is this ornament. It is not flash but I love the car. You have to love a car that you can start with a crankshaft.

Cheers

Eddie
02-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Irresistible aren't they? Shame they can't really use them any more cos of criminals. I like the Alvin one, the ornament along with the badge fit nicely.
The RR Phantom comes with a retractable hood ornament.
02-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Thanks for your replies. It was a large classic car exhibition with a couple of houndred cars. Someone said New Zealand have more classic cars per capita then anywhere else.
I really enjoyed trying to get good photos of the ornaments. What I found hardest was to get the background right. Quite often the sun was from the wrong direction.
My favourit is this ornament. It is not flash but I love the car. You have to love a car that you can start with a crankshaft.

Cheers

Eddie
Man, I love shots like this. Among my other expensive vices, I'm a car guy. I think this is a picture of an Austin (???). Anyway, it reminds me of the Morris Minor convertable my Dad bought new in 1958 (way before I had my driver's liscense). I actually learned to drive in it (no syncro first) - and it paid off; in '64, Dad bought me - to order - a new 4 bbl, 4-speed 289 Mustang . . . . and I've had the bug ever since.

Jer