Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Starburst supermoon!
Lens: Pentax Camera: Pentax K-01 Photo Location: Slovenia ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Na Horuk, 11-14-2016, 08:47 PM

Hey guys, here is a photo I took of the supermoon through a roof window today

Took the shot with DA 21mm ltd that I just recently received for the wonderful starbursts, then used a DFA 100mm focused to infinity and exposed for the moon. Enfuse was used to merge the two shots. The camera was on tripod and did not move between the shots. I just had to use different focal lengths because even though the 21mm rendered a nice, sharp moon, it was just much smaller than the defocused halo/diffraction spikes. There is obviously some flare due to long exposure, I did not want to clone it out. I did not use Photoshop or Gimp, I don't even have them installed!

21mm supermoon

Last edited by Na Horuk; 11-14-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Views: 581
11-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very interesting PP in this shot!
11-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting idea.
Here we have clouds, as usual...
06-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Hey guys, here is a photo I took of the supermoon through a roof window today

Took the shot with DA 21mm ltd that I just recently received for the wonderful starbursts, then used a DFA 100mm focused to infinity and exposed for the moon. Enfuse was used to merge the two shots. The camera was on tripod and did not move between the shots. I just had to use different focal lengths because even though the 21mm rendered a nice, sharp moon, it was just much smaller than the defocused halo/diffraction spikes. There is obviously some flare due to long exposure, I did not want to clone it out. I did not use Photoshop or Gimp, I don't even have them installed!

21mm supermoon
Crazy 'moon' burst! love it!