Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Movement
Lens: Pentax D FA 28-105 Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Kyoto Japan ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 11-16-2016, 03:55 AM

Hi

I shot this image back in July of this year. To me it proves that it is not always necessary to photograph people from the front and when I look at this photo I get a very strong feeling this young lass is rapidly moving away from me. I don't know whether any of you see this as well.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 01-31-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Views: 795
11-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The raised heel on her left foot influences the sensation of motion. When I first saw your shot, I didn't have the whole thing visible on my monitor, but once I scrolled to see the whole shot, motion was evident. to me.
11-16-2016, 03:25 PM - 2 Likes   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I get a very strong feeling this young lass is rapidly moving away from me
I know that feeling too, it happens a lot to me...
11-16-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The raised heel on her left foot influences the sensation of motion. When I first saw your shot, I didn't have the whole thing visible on my monitor, but once I scrolled to see the whole shot, motion was evident. to me.
Of course, you are absolutely correct.

As for me, in addition, because I was at the scene I remember her peculiar gait, the small measured steps and her upright stance, the feeling of movement for me is particularly strong.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I know that feeling too, it happens a lot to me...
Well, my good friend, what can I say. Have you tried to use a deodorant ? Or perhaps a different one ?

11-17-2016, 12:54 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Well, my good friend, what can I say. Have you tried to use a deodorant ? Or perhaps a different one ?
They are usually mumbling something about... your that Kerrowdown bloke who takes all those pictures of all us poor unsuspecting ladies using your Ladies and sends us a bill.
11-17-2016, 02:07 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
...using your Ladies and sends us a bill.
I thought there was a law against this in Scotland ?

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-17-2016 at 02:34 AM.
11-17-2016, 03:32 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I thought there was a law against this in Scotland ?
Certainly not the case on Kerrowdown lands.

11-20-2016, 01:17 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Before the carnival in Venice, where tourists stroll around the city and the people in ancient costumes and masks come across at every turn, I felt a strange sensation - all going to meet a woman wearing masks, it is young girls. But my mind tells me that, in reality, no any guarantees))
11-20-2016, 03:24 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
Before the carnival in Venice, where tourists stroll around the city and the people in ancient costumes and masks come across at every turn, I felt a strange sensation - all going to meet a woman wearing masks, it is young girls. But my mind tells me that, in reality, no any guarantees))
Hi

Not sure if I understand what you are trying to say.

In my frequent travels to Japan I have noticed a trend for both men and women to wear traditional attire in everyday life. And they are not doing it to please tourists. I think they simply have re-discovered their heritage.

Cheers