Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
AP-Lookout Trail At sunset
Lens: FA 35-80 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario - Lookout Trail 
Posted By: normhead, 12-05-2016, 07:29 AM

K-1 and FA 35-80
ISO 100 or 400 or 3200
ƒ-stop- usually ƒ8
AV mode

I was in the park for the afternoon. On the way out I could see a good sunset happening, even though it was only 3:38. You have to love winter in the north. By 5 it was dark.

On the way to the lookout...

It's a short trail, but it has it's ups and downs.

Image taken at the Lookout.

The way back down...

Five o'clock on the nose, taken from the Hwy 60 parking lot of the last light of the day.

Views: 789
12-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #2

Hi Norm,
Always really enjoy your Algonquin pics.
As I've said before- they bring back great memories of my time there some ~45 years ago.
12-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Walkingwolf Quote
Hi Norm,
Always really enjoy your Algonquin pics.
As I've said before- they bring back great memories of my time there some ~45 years ago.
Don't you just love the part where you remember you did something and you figure it out and it as 45 years ago? When I was a kid people who were 45 years old were ancient, forget about people who remembered things from 45 years ago.
12-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't you just love the part where you remember you did something and you figure it out and it as 45 years ago? When I was a kid people who were 45 years old were ancient, forget about people who remembered things from 45 years ago.
Well nowadays I see everyone over 55 as "ancient" BUT I see myself as still running down the trails and hopping over the streams. Only thing is, how come I keep falling over, panting heavily- and that after only going some half kilometre?
Young at heart, but....
What was the temperature there when you took those pics?

12-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It' about -7 ºC here, balmy by your standards, I even worked the camera with my gloves off and didn't get cold, until the sun went down. But I've used my K-3 and K-5 in minus 20, and expect the K-1 will be the same.