Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few from Greenland
Posted By: Duplo, 07-31-2008, 05:41 PM

Well I guess me posting photos here has actually become a rare thing.

But yeah every now and then I do actually shoot a few frames that is worth posting
so without further ado:

For those interested, here is a link to some more from this weekend (non Pentax stuff, thus link only):
Duplo Photography | Ameralik cruise

THanks for looking
Views: 6,002
07-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thomas!!!!

Are you taking some time off from work - a little vacation? How are you my friend? I like the simplicity of it all in these images... very nice!

Curious: what are the temperature ranges at this time of the year in Greenland (where the images are taken). Metric values are fine...

Regards,
Marc
07-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

long time no see

very nice pictures have missed the beautiful views from your part of the world
07-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
good to see your posts again

Nice shots. I have always liked your work. Glad to see some more pics from Greenland. Hope you'll be posting more.
Frank

07-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the same questions as Marc as well as how's the photo job working out? It's great to see your work again, beautiful shots as always.
07-31-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Are you taking some time off from work - a little vacation? How are you my friend? I like the simplicity of it all in these images... very nice!

Curious: what are the temperature ranges at this time of the year in Greenland (where the images are taken). Metric values are fine...

Regards,
Marc
Hi Marc,
Thank you for liking them first of all.
No just a weekend cruise, but got a big trip up north comming up end august (including several glacier and icecap hikes and mid august I hope to climb the Sermitsiak. So adventures ahead in august.
That aside I am doing real good, striving photo business and more busy than ever at work.
End september I set off on a trip to Copenhagen, London, Park City (UT) and New York.

Temperature ranges during summer range from 5-10C on cloudy days to 20C on sunny ones. Further into the fiords where we spend the weekend it goes up to almost 30C on good days.
Temperature however is very sun dependant, the difference between full sun and deep shade, can easily be 15C more.

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
very nice pictures have missed the beautiful views from your part of the world
Long time no see indeed
Glad to hear you have missed seing from my part of the world and still likes the view. I have been rather busy lately.

QuoteOriginally posted by xs400 Quote
Nice shots. I have always liked your work. Glad to see some more pics from Greenland. Hope you'll be posting more.
Frank
thank you Frank.
Appreciate your kind words.
I will post a couple of extras in a reply as well

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I have the same questions as Marc as well as how's the photo job working out? It's great to see your work again, beautiful shots as always.
Hi Peter,
Appreciate you liking my stuff.
It is good to post here again, feels like home to me.
See my reply further up this post about temperatures.
The photo job is working out great, both the contracted part and several adhoc commercial jobs, photo sales, even got quite a few portrait sessions lined up again so not bad at all.
Best thing is that if I do not screw up the trip end august, then it will be paid in full and then some by a happy buyer, but do not tell anyone that I let that secret out
07-31-2008, 08:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A few more...

My apologies for them not being entirely forum relevant, but they are definitely Greenland:

Glacial Ice (me lying flat on my belly on it in fact ):

A melting water lake where it spills out in the fiord:
(actually stood bare feeted in the 2C streaming water for sevaral minutes with my tripod to get this and a few other shots)

Two hikers on a rock:

A fellow hiker making his way through the glacial ice blocks:

07-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I missed this thread. But I'm glad I didn't miss it all together. Good to see some of Greenland through your lens again. From the images in your response it appears you are doing quite well with your Nikon equipment too. It's the guy behind the camera as they say. You have it down Thomas. Always good to see your work.
07-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You pitch tents in Greenland?!?

Thomas, these are lovely images depicting your home. I've always been intrigued about Greenland - it's a place that never makes the news nor the travel shows on TV, but you've promoted it fine here!
08-01-2008, 03:37 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Thomas, so nice to see you posting and of course had to open YOUR thread. As usual wasn't disappointed especially with melting water lake. Extra points for having to stand there bare-footed.

Thanks for sharing.
08-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Greenland appears to be a very majestic and rugged landscape. Thank you for sharing these great photos!

c[_]
08-01-2008, 03:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

enjoyed your ice shoots .. looks pritty cold.. even for a norwegian.
08-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Wonderful shots of a beautiful country, thanks for sharing them. I've always enjoyed your posts. Don't be such a stranger...
08-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I missed this thread. But I'm glad I didn't miss it all together. Good to see some of Greenland through your lens again. From the images in your response it appears you are doing quite well with your Nikon equipment too. It's the guy behind the camera as they say. You have it down Thomas. Always good to see your work.
I am glad you did not miss it LaRee.
Your compliments are highly appreciated
And such a pleasure to see so many well known faces around here too.
I may be shooting two systems, but by heart I think I belong with you guys

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
You pitch tents in Greenland?!?

Thomas, these are lovely images depicting your home. I've always been intrigued about Greenland - it's a place that never makes the news nor the travel shows on TV, but you've promoted it fine here!
Yep, in a couple of weeks I will be doing it on the ice cap itself
Well, just tune in to a global warming discussion and you hear it mentioned quite a lot.
We even considered a slogan called "Go see it while its still here"
Thanks for liking what I do.

QuoteOriginally posted by ll_coffee_lP Quote
Greenland appears to be a very majestic and rugged landscape. Thank you for sharing these great photos!

c[_]
Thank you.
Greenland is not eactly visitor friendly, but such a beautiful place I think.

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
enjoyed your ice shoots .. looks pritty cold.. even for a norwegian.
Nahh weather was 25C and full sun, but it was a bit chilly crawling around belly down on the ice
Glad you enjoyed them.

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Wonderful shots of a beautiful country, thanks for sharing them. I've always enjoyed your posts. Don't be such a stranger...
thank you Scott.
Both for complimenting and liking them, appreciate both.

I will try to do better in the future
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Thomas, so nice to see you posting and of course had to open YOUR thread. As usual wasn't disappointed especially with melting water lake. Extra points for having to stand there bare-footed.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi JC,

So nice to see you commenting as well.
Glad I was able to live up to expectations.

The melting water river was chilly but fun to shoot and well worth the effort I think. Even though it took about an hour to walk some feeling into my numb and blue coloured feets

It made a sell in less than 48 hours, så defiitely worth it