Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another roll of film (Singapore Indoor Garden Festival) ...
Posted By: frank, 07-31-2008, 10:33 PM

Went to see the Garden Festival a couple of days ago. Took both K20D and SuperProgram cameras w/ me. Had DA21 mounted on the K20D, FA31 mounted on SuperProgram. Virtually both have the same FOV. Shot w/ both on the some same scenes, here I'm sharing all photos from the Show plus several wasted one on the way home. No pp as usual, only resize and abit sharpening from the scanned results.

All shots were taken either by FA31 or FA77. All except the last one were taken on a tripod. WB on some shots seem to be on the warm side, but I kinda like it. How do you think?
Views: 2,483
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
#01-10

07-31-2008, 10:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
#11-20

07-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
#21-31

07-31-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
#32-36 These were not taken at the festival, but just some random shots on the way home, including the last one wasted on my daughter (she lowered her eye when I pressed the shutter button):

07-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
#32-36 These were not taken at the festival, but just some random shots on the way home, including the last one wasted on my daughter (she lowered her eye when I pressed the shutter button):
You are kidding right? This is the stand out image out of all you posted imho.
I'm not so sure about the "warm" color of many of the images. Too much for me.
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Thanks

It's an indoor gardening show, the lights inside are pretty complicate, thus the warm tune I guess. The actual scenes are much cooler.

08-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote

I have to agree with LaRee. This photo is the best out of the lot. The others feel far too intense for me.
08-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by troywhite Quote
I have to agree with LaRee. This photo is the best out of the lot. The others feel far too intense for me.
Thanks. I kinda like the over saturated results, although the actual scenes are pretty cool and not as interesting But thanks anyway for the comments.
08-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow! I wouldn't even know where to start. Some amzing images here. I agree that they are heavily saturated (which I happen to like at times. There could also be a white balance issue, especially with the type of lighting used in places like that.

I also agree that the last image is a great way to close out an incredible post. That is a very lovely picture that deserves a frame and a special place on a prominent wall in your home. I would absolutely love to shoot 'wasted' shots like that!
08-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
Wow! I wouldn't even know where to start. Some amzing images here. I agree that they are heavily saturated (which I happen to like at times. There could also be a white balance issue, especially with the type of lighting used in places like that.

I also agree that the last image is a great way to close out an incredible post. That is a very lovely picture that deserves a frame and a special place on a prominent wall in your home. I would absolutely love to shoot 'wasted' shots like that!
Thanks for the comments After looking through what I got w/ the K20D on the same scenes, I did feel these are quite abit over saturated. Don't know they turned out to be like these Probably the complicated light condition fooled the lab technician when the film was developed.

I'll show the last photo to my wife and see if she likes it. If she does, I know what I'm gonna do w/ it

Cheers!
08-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks for the comments After looking through what I got w/ the K20D on the same scenes, I did feel these are quite abit over saturated. Don't know they turned out to be like these Probably the complicated light condition fooled the lab technician when the film was developed.

I'll show the last photo to my wife and see if she likes it. If she does, I know what I'm gonna do w/ it

Cheers!
Don't ask.....just do and surprise her. I guarantee you she'll love it.