Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Finally ! Snow in Buffalo, NY
Lens: Nikkor 50mm enlarger lens Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: Western New York ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: zman, 12-16-2016, 07:14 PM

Thanks to a PF member, fwwidall, for sharing his expertise and knowledge in snowflake photography. This summer I built a copy of his "snowcatcher" and was able to finally try it out today. Still a work in progress but I feel confident I'm heading in the right direction.

Last edited by zman; 02-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Views: 716
12-16-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! Well done.
12-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Thanks to a PF member, fwwidall, for sharing his expertise and knowledge in snowflake photography. This summer I built a copy of his "snowcatcher" and was able to finally try it out today. Still a work in progress but I feel confident I'm heading in the right direction.
That looks really good !
Now, you are happy with snow in Buffalo .... didn't you guys get a ton and more of that white stuff in the recent years?
12-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I go up there for business. It can start in August and end about July 31st! But really, if the weather and wind are right, they get buried. If you are looking for snow flake pictures (and this set is a great one), then Buffalo, or Mexico, NY are great places to start!