Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
At the beach
Lens: Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 Camera: Samsung GX-10 (K10D clone) Photo Location: South Shields, Tyne & Wear, UK ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: BigMackCam, 12-17-2016, 11:09 AM

It's been a nice, dry (if rather cold) day, so I took my parents to the coast for a bit of lunch and a walk along the promenade. I had my Samsung GX-10 with me and managed to take a few photos... nothing especially great, all unplanned and largely just snaps. The three below are some of the better ones. All processed in Lightroom 6 to give a slightly matte, faded, grainy old film effect...

Thanks for looking

Sheltered Viewing Gallery, South Shields - December 2016 (28mm, f/13, 1/30s, ISO 200):

Elevated Walkway & Viewing Gallery, South Shields - December 2016 (28mm, f/13, 1/45s, ISO 100):

"Luxury" Beach Chalet, South Shields - December 2016 (28mm, f/8, 1/90s, ISO 140):

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-17-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Views: 826
12-17-2016, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
At the beach
Very good images Mike. I especially like the #1. Such a large space with ocean views, and not a person in sight.
The mosaic floor and art deco lights look great. Well taken mate.
12-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Very good images Mike. I especially like the #1. Such a large space with ocean views, and not a person in sight.
Thanks, Peter...

South Shields - as with most of the coastal towns up here - is a summer place for most, except for the locals. It was a lovely day yesterday, and there were a few people enjoying a walk, but not many. Actually, a couple of kids were playing with a radio controlled car at the far end of that gallery. They were out of the frame, but the car just came into frame as I took the shot, so I had to remove that in Lightroom

The beach chalets have always made me laugh - they're advertised as "luxury accommodation", but are typical holiday camp apartments that look very uninviting except in the sunniest weather

Thanks again for the nice comments
12-18-2016, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
At the beach
Shots of these places are always best taken this time of year... when the "maddening crowds" are nowhere to be seen.

Do like the sense of scale in the first image.

12-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Shots of these places are always best taken this time of year... when the "maddening crowds" are nowhere to be seen.
Yes... of course, the flip-side of that is that we don't get too many dry, bright days around now either. I think that's just the lazy wimp in me making excuses...
12-18-2016, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
the flip-side of that is that we don't get too many dry, bright days around now either
Or in the Summer in Scotland...
12-18-2016, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The grandeur in the first photo contrasts beautiful with the third photo. Good series!

12-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
The grandeur in the first photo contrasts beautiful with the third photo. Good series!
Thanks, Fries - very much appreciated