Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dodging A Camaro
Posted By: Nowhere Matt, 08-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Be gentle boys. It is my first time.

The '68-'69 Dodge Coronet reflected in the fender of the '69 Chevy Camaro.
Maybe a polarizer next time to reduce the highlights.
Views: 1,983
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
awesome!! great shot mate.. i love the reflection of that mopar? its probably not a mopar is it? hmm, either way.. great shot.. more more more...........
08-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
SouthShoreRob

Very nice image with two cool cars. Love it.
08-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

B&W makes the shot work! JIMBO

08-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #5

I think that it is the reflection of a 66 chevy nova...

Great photo.
08-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A wonderful shot, Matt. I'd love to get one like this. And it is a Dodge, i.e. a Mopar.

Jer
08-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Great shot, love the PP - very fitting to the subject matter.

08-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes it is definetly a Dodge Coronet but I never paid much attention to them to be a true appreciator and familiar with the different body styles. It may be one from '66 or '67 or even earlier.
I just liked the position I could get with the reflection of the white car on the fender of the black car. I could move a little and get some distortion of the reflection and lengthen the look of the Dodge but this was the better angle to get a true, close reflection on the fender of the Camaro. Raise you hand if you would like to see images of yet another '57 Bel Air in a future post? (That's like, another image of a flower for some I think)
Should I have cropped out more of the background? More of the truck and bright highlight in the ground just behind the rear wheel? Is the brightness too distracting or is the truck also a slight interest point?
This was the first image I have posted here and one of the first times I sought to capture some classic cars on display. I just looked for angles and focus points that I thought were generally interesting to make the compositions.
This was a color image of course but converted to black and white with slight adjustments to highlights using my Kodak Easyshare software. I am just so familiar with it's tools that I do not use anything else if I do any image manipulations. And now having admitted that, my already questionable reputation became just a little more muddy, I'm sure.
08-06-2008, 12:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Nothing to be gentle about

There great thanks for sharing

cheers