Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Flowers
Lens: DFA 28-105, DFA 100/2.8 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Lake Jackson, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 12-28-2016, 03:32 PM

I normally don't shoot flowers very often, but fiddling with my new K-1 around the house and around town, I've probably photographed more flowers in 2 or 3 days than I've shot in the last 2 or 3 years! I'm still learning the camera and new 28-105 zoom while relearning my old DFA 100 macro in a FF context. I'm also experimenting with PP via Apple Photos; since upgrading to Sierra some weeks ago, Aperture became inoperative and has been banished from my computer.

Anyhow, here some of the many flower photos I've made in the last couple of days. Colors in the last two appear unnaturally vibrant to me; these were taken on the kind of cloudy day that produces rich colors, but I think I dialed in a bit too much jazz during PP. Live and learn.

Jer

Views: 764
12-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
but fiddling with my new K-1 around the house and around town,
Methinks you should " fiddle " more often Jer. Very good series of images.
12-28-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The colour the K-1 is producing is vibrant and rich and looks good.
12-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I normally don't shoot flowers very often, but fiddling with my new K-1 around the house and around town, I've probably photographed more flowers in 2 or 3 days than I've shot in the last 2 or 3 years! I'm still learning the camera and new 28-105 zoom while relearning my old DFA 100 macro in a FF context. I'm also experimenting with PP via Apple Photos; since upgrading to Sierra some weeks ago, Aperture became inoperative and has been banished from my computer.

Anyhow, here some of the many flower photos I've made in the last couple of days. Colors in the last two appear unnaturally vibrant to me; these were taken on the kind of cloudy day that produces rich colors, but I think I dialed in a bit too much jazz during PP. Live and learn.

Jer

Very nice indeed. The colors is fantastic. (But remember: The very big censor is collecting a lot of dust) My be I can't afford the K-1?

12-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #5
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Colors in the last two appear unnaturally vibrant to me;
On my screen this is certainly true of #3, where the reds seem out of place relative to the rest of the image. #4 does stand out a bit too, but I've seen colors like that out of my K-5 with the right sort of lens. They do take some getting used to though.
Keep tinkering - you never disappoint.
12-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Methinks you should " fiddle " more often Jer. Very good series of images.
Thanks very much! I appreciate the kind words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The colour the K-1 is producing is vibrant and rich and looks good.
Thanks, EM. Much appreciated coming from someone with such an amazing facility for producing perfect flower photos!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Very nice indeed. The colors is fantastic. (But remember: The very big censor is collecting a lot of dust) My be I can't afford the K-1?

Thank you, Janse. Have a Happy New Year, my friend.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
On my screen this is certainly true of #3, where the reds seem out of place relative to the rest of the image. #4 does stand out a bit too, but I've seen colors like that out of my K-5 with the right sort of lens. They do take some getting used to though.
Keep tinkering - you never disappoint.
Thanks much for the helpful and very kind words. And the tinkering will continue.

Jer
12-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Love em
The first you can place a pin in that DOF
TFS

cheers

12-30-2016, 07:19 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Love em
The first you can place a pin in that DOF
TFS

cheers
Thanks so much for the kind words, Ivan. I really appreciate it.

Jer