Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Wooden Roller Coaster (cross-eye stereogram)
Lens: DA15 Ltd Camera: K20D Photo Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa ISO: 125 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: Sluggo, 12-31-2016, 12:28 PM

Never sure how to evaluate my own photography. What's technically best is not always what interested me most at the time or makes me happiest looking at it months later. Besides which, my interests are all over the board and I never stick with one thing long enough to master it.

Anyway. This is a stereo image taken with synchronized K20D bodies, each wearing a DA15 lens, attached to a monopod held over my head. If you don't already know how to crossview (which not only unlocks a lot of online stereo images for you, but also gives you godlike powers solving "spot the difference" puzzles), here is a tutorial. If you're not interested in that, or the skill escapes you, take my word for it that it's 3D.
Views: 608
12-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very clever and intriguing
01-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote

Never sure how to evaluate my own photography. What's technically best is not always what interested me most at the time or makes me happiest looking at it months later. Besides which, my interests are all over the board and I never stick with one thing long enough to master it.

Anyway. This is a stereo image taken with synchronized K20D bodies, each wearing a DA15 lens, attached to a monopod held over my head. If you don't already know how to crossview (which not only unlocks a lot of online stereo images for you, but also gives you godlike powers solving "spot the difference" puzzles), here is a tutorial. If you're not interested in that, or the skill escapes you, take my word for it that it's 3D.
Beautiful detail in the 3D.
01-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
Beautiful detail in the 3D.
Thanks, always good to hear somebody was able to figure out how to do the viewing!

01-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #5
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very clear. Well done.
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
Thanks, always good to hear somebody was able to figure out how to do the viewing!
I've used stereo stuff since I was a kid and can do it without a viewer if the sizes are right which yours were.