Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10 Likes  
Favorite Portraits of 2016 (Color)
Posted By: LeRolls, 12-31-2016, 06:52 PM

It was a crazy year for me. My brother moved away with his new wife and I lost my father in October. I tried to stay busy most of the time and managed to meet quite a few interesting people along the way. It wasn't easy sifting through all the images to figure out my favorite portraits of the year. I also learned a thing or two about the opposite sex.

In no particular order:






































































Views: 3,491
01-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,350
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
Stunning....
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Great work! Wonderful portrait photographer right here.
Thank you kindly.

01-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member
mcgregni's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 2,603
Nice work if you can get it ! An inspiring selection with great lighting and flair !! Do you have any pull back shots showing the lighting gear and positioning, for us flash geeks ?
01-13-2017, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,896
All great shots. If I had to pick... 1st and last.
Thanks for sharing.
01-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,350
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Nice work if you can get it ! An inspiring selection with great lighting and flair !! Do you have any pull back shots showing the lighting gear and positioning, for us flash geeks ?
Thanks for the kind words! Flash geeks? Didn't know there were too many of those around. Most shooters I run into are scared of their speedlights. I use a simple setup with one 540FGZ II attached to the hotshoe via a flash sync cord and a lightsphere diffuser so nothing fancy or worthy of a behind the scenes shot. I hold the camera in one hand and the flash in the other.

01-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Warsaw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 602
There's a lot of us in here Do you use that lightsphere warming caps on it? I had a lightsphere difuser but never liked it. I mostly use Roundflash-dish(with cord/radio) and Roundflash diffusers.

Last edited by Reed; 01-15-2017 at 02:51 AM.
01-15-2017, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #21
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 165
Christopher, sorry for your loss first of all. And family will always be close in mind and heart.

Thank you for sharing these awesome portraits! If I may ask, are you using a parabolic, softboxes?

Just simply stunning images!

Thanks, Brian


Sorry, got my answer on post above. Lightsphere & 540GZII. Thanks

Last edited by Storm Chaser; 01-15-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding message
01-15-2017, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,923
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks for the kind words! Flash geeks? Didn't know there were too many of those around. Most shooters I run into are scared of their speedlights. I use a simple setup with one 540FGZ II attached to the hotshoe via a flash sync cord and a lightsphere diffuser so nothing fancy or worthy of a behind the scenes shot. I hold the camera in one hand and the flash in the other.
In other words he's good at what he does

You seriously are one of my role models here on the forum.

01-15-2017, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,107
So many great portraits, I'm not surprised you had so much trouble choosing favourites.
01-15-2017, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PGH PENNA
Posts: 340
Beautiful work beautiful girls Thank You
01-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #25
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,350
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
There's a lot of us in here Do you use that lightsphere warming caps on it? I had a lightsphere difuser but never liked it. I mostly use Roundflash-dish(with cord/radio) and Roundflash diffusers.
I generally don't care for the colored caps since I find it fairly easy to manipulate skin tones during post processing and I like to shoot at times of the day when the ambient light is already at the desired temperature. I took a look at the Roundflash products and they seem interesting. There are some fine photos in their gallery but the results seem a bit overly flashy for my tastes. I like my shots to look a bit more natural except for certain looks and the Lightsphere does that for me while still being super portable. I plan on setting up a studio in my house so I may look into using their dish for that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Storm Chaser Quote
Christopher, sorry for your loss first of all. And family will always be close in mind and heart.

Thank you for sharing these awesome portraits! If I may ask, are you using a parabolic, softboxes?

Just simply stunning images!

Thanks, Brian


Sorry, got my answer on post above. Lightsphere & 540GZII. Thanks
Thank you. I appreciate your kind and sensitive words. I feel my father's presence with me always.

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
In other words he's good at what he does

You seriously are one of my role models here on the forum.
Practice makes perfect. I'm a firm believer in working with what you have and making the most of it. I've never been anyone's role model before. Feels kind of nice.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
So many great portraits, I'm not surprised you had so much trouble choosing favourites.
QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
Beautiful work beautiful girls Thank You
Much appreciated.
01-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Warsaw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 602
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I generally don't care for the colored caps since I find it fairly easy to manipulate skin tones during post processing and I like to shoot at times of the day when the ambient light is already at the desired temperature. I took a look at the Roundflash products and they seem interesting. There are some fine photos in their gallery but the results seem a bit overly flashy for my tastes. I like my shots to look a bit more natural except for certain looks and the Lightsphere does that for me while still being super portable. I plan on setting up a studio in my house so I may look into using their dish for that.
Well, their website is not really good example of what you can get with that modifiers. Mostly becouse there is to much postproduction on that pictures. There are some pictures with Dish on stand and off camera corded round flash in my signature galery
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, christopher, flickr, photo, portraits, rocks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best of 2016 Favorite Portrait of 2016 LeRolls Post Your Photos! 8 10-22-2017 07:34 AM
Thematic Favorite Images From 2016 Rondec Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 25 01-26-2017 11:45 AM
Not Work-Safe Favorite Portraits of 2016 (B&W) LeRolls Post Your Photos! 9 01-01-2017 10:13 PM
My View of November, 2016 photo contest, #123, "Dominant Color" JDelaware Monthly Photo Contests 5 12-09-2016 03:02 AM
Expired Theme Contest #115 - March, 2016 (Portraits in Monochrome) Ole Monthly Photo Contests 15 03-14-2016 01:05 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top