Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10 Likes  
Favorite Portraits of 2016 (Color)
Posted By: LeRolls, 12-31-2016, 06:52 PM

It was a crazy year for me. My brother moved away with his new wife and I lost my father in October. I tried to stay busy most of the time and managed to meet quite a few interesting people along the way. It wasn't easy sifting through all the images to figure out my favorite portraits of the year. I also learned a thing or two about the opposite sex.

In no particular order:

Views: 3,786
01-12-2017, 09:48 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sureshgvv Quote
Stunning....
QuoteOriginally posted by Blacknight659 Quote
Great work! Wonderful portrait photographer right here.
Thank you kindly.

01-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Nice work if you can get it ! An inspiring selection with great lighting and flair !! Do you have any pull back shots showing the lighting gear and positioning, for us flash geeks ?
01-13-2017, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All great shots. If I had to pick... 1st and last.
Thanks for sharing.
01-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mcgregni Quote
Nice work if you can get it ! An inspiring selection with great lighting and flair !! Do you have any pull back shots showing the lighting gear and positioning, for us flash geeks ?
Thanks for the kind words! Flash geeks? Didn't know there were too many of those around. Most shooters I run into are scared of their speedlights. I use a simple setup with one 540FGZ II attached to the hotshoe via a flash sync cord and a lightsphere diffuser so nothing fancy or worthy of a behind the scenes shot. I hold the camera in one hand and the flash in the other.

01-15-2017, 02:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There's a lot of us in here Do you use that lightsphere warming caps on it? I had a lightsphere difuser but never liked it. I mostly use Roundflash-dish(with cord/radio) and Roundflash diffusers.

Last edited by Reed; 01-15-2017 at 02:51 AM.
01-15-2017, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #21

Christopher, sorry for your loss first of all. And family will always be close in mind and heart.

Thank you for sharing these awesome portraits! If I may ask, are you using a parabolic, softboxes?

Just simply stunning images!

Thanks, Brian

Sorry, got my answer on post above. Lightsphere & 540GZII. Thanks

Last edited by Storm Chaser; 01-15-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding message
01-15-2017, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks for the kind words! Flash geeks? Didn't know there were too many of those around. Most shooters I run into are scared of their speedlights. I use a simple setup with one 540FGZ II attached to the hotshoe via a flash sync cord and a lightsphere diffuser so nothing fancy or worthy of a behind the scenes shot. I hold the camera in one hand and the flash in the other.
In other words he's good at what he does

You seriously are one of my role models here on the forum.

01-15-2017, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

So many great portraits, I'm not surprised you had so much trouble choosing favourites.
01-15-2017, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #24
Veteran Member

Beautiful work beautiful girls Thank You
01-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
There's a lot of us in here Do you use that lightsphere warming caps on it? I had a lightsphere difuser but never liked it. I mostly use Roundflash-dish(with cord/radio) and Roundflash diffusers.
I generally don't care for the colored caps since I find it fairly easy to manipulate skin tones during post processing and I like to shoot at times of the day when the ambient light is already at the desired temperature. I took a look at the Roundflash products and they seem interesting. There are some fine photos in their gallery but the results seem a bit overly flashy for my tastes. I like my shots to look a bit more natural except for certain looks and the Lightsphere does that for me while still being super portable. I plan on setting up a studio in my house so I may look into using their dish for that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Storm Chaser Quote
Christopher, sorry for your loss first of all. And family will always be close in mind and heart.

Thank you for sharing these awesome portraits! If I may ask, are you using a parabolic, softboxes?

Just simply stunning images!

Thanks, Brian

Sorry, got my answer on post above. Lightsphere & 540GZII. Thanks
Thank you. I appreciate your kind and sensitive words. I feel my father's presence with me always.

QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
In other words he's good at what he does

You seriously are one of my role models here on the forum.
Practice makes perfect. I'm a firm believer in working with what you have and making the most of it. I've never been anyone's role model before. Feels kind of nice.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
So many great portraits, I'm not surprised you had so much trouble choosing favourites.
QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
Beautiful work beautiful girls Thank You
Much appreciated.
01-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I generally don't care for the colored caps since I find it fairly easy to manipulate skin tones during post processing and I like to shoot at times of the day when the ambient light is already at the desired temperature. I took a look at the Roundflash products and they seem interesting. There are some fine photos in their gallery but the results seem a bit overly flashy for my tastes. I like my shots to look a bit more natural except for certain looks and the Lightsphere does that for me while still being super portable. I plan on setting up a studio in my house so I may look into using their dish for that.
Well, their website is not really good example of what you can get with that modifiers. Mostly becouse there is to much postproduction on that pictures. There are some pictures with Dish on stand and off camera corded round flash in my signature galery