Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Starbucks for Christmas
Lens: 50mm Camera: K5 Photo Location: Prattville, AL ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: jennaann, 01-01-2017, 05:39 AM

Hi Everyone ... new to Pentax cameras so I was limited to what I could upload. Dark day, inside of Starbucks, so had to work with a high ISO and manage the grain

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 70D  Photo 

Views: 1,116
01-01-2017, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hope you got more than starbucks for Xmas, but the smile and this photo make up for a great gift. Nicely done
01-01-2017, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You managed very well! Good job!
01-02-2017, 12:12 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you both very much

01-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I have like these shots of this lady. Is that you or a relative.

The deep dark red hair is gorgeous on her.
01-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent shot, clear defined lines and colour.
01-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jennaann Quote
Hi Everyone ... new to Pentax cameras so I was limited to what I could upload. Dark day, inside of Starbucks, so had to work with a high ISO and manage the grain
I wonder why your EXIF data shows you used a Canon 70D With a Tamron lens. At any rate, it is a very lovely photograph. A wonderful capture, so thanks a million for sharing.

Rgds,

Antonio

01-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
I have like these shots of this lady. Is that you or a relative.

The deep dark red hair is gorgeous on her.
Thank you .. She's my 18 year old Daughter and has been the face of my business for years I'm quite lucky to have such a beautiful, photogenic Daughter. The red hair is something new sometime in 2016 and it truly does seem to suit her

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I wonder why your EXIF data shows you used a Canon 70D With a Tamron lens. At any rate, it is a very lovely photograph. A wonderful capture, so thanks a million for sharing.

Rgds,

Antonio
Ahhh ... This was right at the time I was making the switch and using two cameras so I guess if it says I used the Canon here then this must have been a Canon shot, which actually surprises me. Colors are so vivid on this one and in crisp focus which I'm surprised it wasn't the Pentax. I am still using my Canon as well. I use both cameras untilI get all the lenses and another Pentax body. Always always have a backup and actually love shooting with two as you dont waste time swapping out lenses I'll try to pay more attention. I was in a hurry as the 2016 album was shutting down I thought. Don't care much for Canon BUT it's my backup and I do have more lenses and equipment since I'm newer to Pentax.

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:44 PM ----------

Rgds,

Antonio
Ahhh ... This was right at the time I was making the switch and using two cameras so I guess if it says I used the Canon here then this must have been a Canon shot, which actually surprises me. Colors are so vivid on this one and in crisp focus which I'm surprised it wasn't the Pentax. I am still using my Canon as well. I use both cameras untilI get all the lenses and another Pentax body. Always always have a backup and actually love shooting with two as you dont waste time swapping out lenses I'll try to pay more attention. I was in a hurry as the 2016 album was shutting down I thought. Don't care much for Canon BUT it's my backup and I do have more lenses and equipment since I'm newer to Pentax.

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Excellent shot, clear defined lines and colour.
Thank you so much 😀
01-03-2017, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The red hair is something new
I noticed that with my two, colours seem to come and go...

A bonnie lassie nevertheless.
01-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #10

Original Poster
I love all the people around the world on here Photography really is a language everyone can speak together.

Sorry for the confusion on Pentax/Canon. I'm really new to Pentax and I swore this one was a Pentax shot (because of the colors). Where I see the info in LR does not tell me what camera I was using, only my settings so I was thinking it was Pentax. I just looked at the EXIF file here and I'm amazed that this came from my Canon AND that Tamron lens as well. Ha ... one of the reasons I moved away from Canon was because of this camera and lens NOT taking good photos. I guess this may have been an exception. I absolutely LOVE my Pentax and the sharpness of the photos. I can now shoot with confidence and not have to pray I get a sharp image anymore. Now I always get a sharp image and if it's not sharp, it's my fault.
01-04-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love all the people around the world on here Photography really is a language everyone can speak together.

Sorry for the confusion on Pentax/Canon. I'm really new to Pentax and I swore this one was a Pentax shot (because of the colors). Where I see the info in LR does not tell me what camera I was using, only my settings so I was thinking it was Pentax. I just looked at the EXIF file here and I'm amazed that this came from my Canon AND that Tamron lens as well. Ha ... one of the reasons I moved away from Canon was because of this camera and lens NOT taking good photos. I guess this may have been an exception. I absolutely LOVE my Pentax and the sharpness of the photos. I can now shoot with confidence and not have to pray I get a sharp image anymore. Now I always get a sharp image and if it's not sharp, it's my fault.
No reason to be amazed, really. Canon makes wonderful equipment and it appears as though Tamron has been doing their homework. I see a lot of wonderful work on this Forum from using both Sigma and Tamron lenses. They certainly deserve a lot of consideration.

Thanks again,

Tony
01-04-2017, 02:36 AM   #12

Original Poster
No reason to be amazed, really. Canon makes wonderful equipment and it appears as though Tamron has been doing their homework. I see a lot of wonderful work on this Forum from using both Sigma and Tamron lenses. They certainly deserve a lot of consideration.

Thanks again,

Tony

I've used Tamrons for years, actually since the film days (before digital became such a thing). My first lens was actually a Tamron. I'm not at all knocking Tamron lenses. I actually like Tamron but think Pentax lenses are better, which says quite a LOT as I am so new to Pentax. Canon cameras I've always used. Never used anything else until this Pentax I bought in October or whenever it was I bought it. The minute I tried Pentax I knew that was it for me. Saw the difference immediately and knew it was exactly what I was looking for in quality. I've never tried Sigma lenses however know plenty of photographers that use Sigma, especially Sigma Art now that they have become so big. Heck I'm evening considering a Sigma art myself So no Tamron or Sigma hate here, just surprised that THAT particular Tamron lens on that particular model Canon of mine got that image. Long story but those two don't marry together well at all.
05-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
mee
Pentaxian

She has a lovely, honest smile.
05-15-2021, 08:23 PM   #14

A very pleasing natural portrait.