Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Starbucks for Christmas
Lens: 50mm Camera: K5 Photo Location: Prattville, AL ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: jennaann, 01-01-2017, 05:39 AM

Hi Everyone ... new to Pentax cameras so I was limited to what I could upload. Dark day, inside of Starbucks, so had to work with a high ISO and manage the grain

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 70D  Photo 

Views: 1,116
01-01-2017, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member
gmans's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hunter Valley,NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,467
Hope you got more than starbucks for Xmas, but the smile and this photo make up for a great gift. Nicely done
01-01-2017, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
grog85361's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 811
You managed very well! Good job!
01-02-2017, 12:12 AM   #4
Junior Member
jennaann's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alabama
Photos: Albums
Posts: 34
Original Poster
Thank you both very much

01-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Culture's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vaasa
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 818
I have like these shots of this lady. Is that you or a relative.

The deep dark red hair is gorgeous on her.
01-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 37,375
Excellent shot, clear defined lines and colour.
01-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 14,283
QuoteOriginally posted by jennaann Quote
Hi Everyone ... new to Pentax cameras so I was limited to what I could upload. Dark day, inside of Starbucks, so had to work with a high ISO and manage the grain
I wonder why your EXIF data shows you used a Canon 70D With a Tamron lens. At any rate, it is a very lovely photograph. A wonderful capture, so thanks a million for sharing.

Rgds,

Antonio

01-02-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
Junior Member
jennaann's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alabama
Photos: Albums
Posts: 34
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
I have like these shots of this lady. Is that you or a relative.

The deep dark red hair is gorgeous on her.
Thank you .. She's my 18 year old Daughter and has been the face of my business for years I'm quite lucky to have such a beautiful, photogenic Daughter. The red hair is something new sometime in 2016 and it truly does seem to suit her

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I wonder why your EXIF data shows you used a Canon 70D With a Tamron lens. At any rate, it is a very lovely photograph. A wonderful capture, so thanks a million for sharing.

Rgds,

Antonio
Ahhh ... This was right at the time I was making the switch and using two cameras so I guess if it says I used the Canon here then this must have been a Canon shot, which actually surprises me. Colors are so vivid on this one and in crisp focus which I'm surprised it wasn't the Pentax. I am still using my Canon as well. I use both cameras untilI get all the lenses and another Pentax body. Always always have a backup and actually love shooting with two as you dont waste time swapping out lenses I'll try to pay more attention. I was in a hurry as the 2016 album was shutting down I thought. Don't care much for Canon BUT it's my backup and I do have more lenses and equipment since I'm newer to Pentax.

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I wonder why your EXIF data shows you used a Canon 70D With a Tamron lens. At any rate, it is a very lovely photograph. A wonderful capture, so thanks a million for sharing.

Rgds,

Antonio
Ahhh ... This was right at the time I was making the switch and using two cameras so I guess if it says I used the Canon here then this must have been a Canon shot, which actually surprises me. Colors are so vivid on this one and in crisp focus which I'm surprised it wasn't the Pentax. I am still using my Canon as well. I use both cameras untilI get all the lenses and another Pentax body. Always always have a backup and actually love shooting with two as you dont waste time swapping out lenses I'll try to pay more attention. I was in a hurry as the 2016 album was shutting down I thought. Don't care much for Canon BUT it's my backup and I do have more lenses and equipment since I'm newer to Pentax.

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 10:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Excellent shot, clear defined lines and colour.
Thank you so much 😀
01-03-2017, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 52,987
QuoteOriginally posted by jennaann Quote
The red hair is something new
I noticed that with my two, colours seem to come and go...

A bonnie lassie nevertheless.
01-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #10
Junior Member
jennaann's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alabama
Photos: Albums
Posts: 34
Original Poster
I love all the people around the world on here Photography really is a language everyone can speak together.

Sorry for the confusion on Pentax/Canon. I'm really new to Pentax and I swore this one was a Pentax shot (because of the colors). Where I see the info in LR does not tell me what camera I was using, only my settings so I was thinking it was Pentax. I just looked at the EXIF file here and I'm amazed that this came from my Canon AND that Tamron lens as well. Ha ... one of the reasons I moved away from Canon was because of this camera and lens NOT taking good photos. I guess this may have been an exception. I absolutely LOVE my Pentax and the sharpness of the photos. I can now shoot with confidence and not have to pray I get a sharp image anymore. Now I always get a sharp image and if it's not sharp, it's my fault.
01-04-2017, 02:16 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 14,283
QuoteOriginally posted by jennaann Quote
I love all the people around the world on here Photography really is a language everyone can speak together.

Sorry for the confusion on Pentax/Canon. I'm really new to Pentax and I swore this one was a Pentax shot (because of the colors). Where I see the info in LR does not tell me what camera I was using, only my settings so I was thinking it was Pentax. I just looked at the EXIF file here and I'm amazed that this came from my Canon AND that Tamron lens as well. Ha ... one of the reasons I moved away from Canon was because of this camera and lens NOT taking good photos. I guess this may have been an exception. I absolutely LOVE my Pentax and the sharpness of the photos. I can now shoot with confidence and not have to pray I get a sharp image anymore. Now I always get a sharp image and if it's not sharp, it's my fault.
No reason to be amazed, really. Canon makes wonderful equipment and it appears as though Tamron has been doing their homework. I see a lot of wonderful work on this Forum from using both Sigma and Tamron lenses. They certainly deserve a lot of consideration.

Thanks again,

Tony
01-04-2017, 02:36 AM   #12
Junior Member
jennaann's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alabama
Photos: Albums
Posts: 34
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
No reason to be amazed, really. Canon makes wonderful equipment and it appears as though Tamron has been doing their homework. I see a lot of wonderful work on this Forum from using both Sigma and Tamron lenses. They certainly deserve a lot of consideration.

Thanks again,

Tony

I've used Tamrons for years, actually since the film days (before digital became such a thing). My first lens was actually a Tamron. I'm not at all knocking Tamron lenses. I actually like Tamron but think Pentax lenses are better, which says quite a LOT as I am so new to Pentax. Canon cameras I've always used. Never used anything else until this Pentax I bought in October or whenever it was I bought it. The minute I tried Pentax I knew that was it for me. Saw the difference immediately and knew it was exactly what I was looking for in quality. I've never tried Sigma lenses however know plenty of photographers that use Sigma, especially Sigma Art now that they have become so big. Heck I'm evening considering a Sigma art myself So no Tamron or Sigma hate here, just surprised that THAT particular Tamron lens on that particular model Canon of mine got that image. Long story but those two don't marry together well at all.
05-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,357
She has a lovely, honest smile.
05-15-2021, 08:23 PM   #14
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Bhubaneswar; A State in the East of India
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 294
A very pleasing natural portrait.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
backup, body, camera, cameras, canon, contest giveaway portrait, daughter, hair, lenses, pentax, photo, pm, post, shot, starbucks, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Merry Christmas + Post Your Christmas Pics! Adam General Talk 325 01-07-2016 03:45 AM
$1.77 for a cup of Coffee @ Starbucks racinsince55 General Talk 53 04-14-2009 02:59 AM
Can I get Caffenol at Starbucks? KungPOW Pentax Film SLR Discussion 16 08-16-2008 12:05 AM
Starbucks praxxis Post Your Photos! 9 10-01-2007 07:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top