Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Determination
Lens: DA*200 Camera: K5iis Photo Location: Bryan, Tx ISO: 5000 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: rtmarwitz, 01-08-2017, 07:12 AM

I know Pentax isn't in the world of sports photography. Along with other types of photography I like sports photography the most -- and I like Pentax. I'm posting this picture because it is my favorite from this year. I find myself looking back at this one periodically. I like the determination in the defenders eye to go get the guy with the ball.

In the high school venues the stadiums leave much to be desired in lighting and you battle the poor quantity/quality of light. High ISO on APSC combined with the need to crop for some pictures is not a good combination.

In 2016 I took about 4400 football pictures of the two teams my sons play for. I posted just under 3800 photos, so the keeper rate is fairly good. Keeper rate in this case is what friends and family would like, not necessarily press quality.

It may not be my best from 2016, but it is my favorite. I don't expect it will compete with the talent on this forum...so here it is.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 968
01-08-2017, 11:29 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Great shot! And it's cool to see another sports Pentax shooter. I shoot local high school sports also up here in Washington and since I'm a pentaxian, that's my trusted gear. I love the new DFA* 70-200! And if there is enough light, the REACH of the 150-450 is awesome for football! Maybe we can start something new in the sports world and in Pentax land as the up and coming underdogs! Hahaha. Good luck and happy shooting.
01-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattieyp3 Quote
Great shot!
Thanks!

I have learned to use the DA*200 and it is working well for me for now. Its main weakness to me is chromatic aberration. I've been eyeballing the two lenses you mentioned especially the 70-200 -- maybe someday. Power to the underdogs!

Thanks for looking!
« Sunrise | Fly »