Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some IR photos from Istana Singapore
Posted By: frank, 08-03-2008, 11:21 PM

The Istana is the official residence of the President of Singapore. It opens 5 times each year for publics in celebration of Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Hari Raya Puasa, Labour Day, National Day. And yesterday was one of those open house days 'cause our National Day is coming on this Friday. Went there w/ the kids and their grandpa, I really had some IR fun there.

Here are some IR photos to share, all taken by a converted K100D and a DA21.

The kids and their cool grandpa:

The kids:

IR portrait of my son:

And my daughter:

My daughter and the big gun:

Views: 1,489
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The windmill field:

Road to the Istana:

Istana:

Flower shooters:

A young painter:
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A Pentaxian (w/ a K20D and DA*1650) in action:

Some trees in the park:

08-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

They are so surreal and so sharp! The simpler compositions look best to me. The child's face stands out to me. And the single palm tree and the artist. I think if these were in mormal black and white or colour, they would be very good overall photos of an outing.

I do have a question, if the camera was converted into infrared only, then why is there other colours in the photos?

JMR

08-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
They are so surreal and so sharp! The simpler compositions look best to me. The child's face stands out to me. And the single palm tree and the artist. I think if these were in mormal black and white or colour, they would be very good overall photos of an outing.

I do have a question, if the camera was converted into infrared only, then why is there other colours in the photos?

JMR
Thanks for the comments

Since the converted camera has 720nm IR filter built-in, the filter will not block all the visible light, this will make the results a little bit more interesting than those totally black and white IRs. If a higher nm IR filer is used, you'd see totally black and white results. I've tried filters from 720 all the way to 860nm, and I like the current 720nm one the best, as most other IR shooters